Thread: Lands of Crae - subregional map

Map Lands of Crae - subregional map

Lands of Crae - in the northwestern regions of the clan territories beneath frozen mountains of the far north are the Pictish lands of Crae. This being the start of a campaign setting, home to the PCs including several of the initial encounter sites I created - the Craefort, Grandy Crannog, and two new encounters yet to be made - the fallen broch and the "Giants Watch".

All the line work is hand-drawn that was scanned into PS. Then image was imported to Xara where all coloring, texturing were made, then feathering, shadowing and transparency applied. Beyond scanning to it, PS was not used in the graphics treatment in this work, only Xara Xtreme Pro 3.2

All the site objects were hand-drawn as well and placed at their respective locations. Rescaled to better fit the original scan. The hill treatment was to match the cliffs/slopes on the eastern shore.

I am now working on the Lands of Donal, giving it the same treatment as above, and will do the same for the Vale of the Frost Giant King and eventually the Ice Chasm into the Winter Hag's ice cavern fortress. I may need to create 3 subregionals in the warmer southlands for other encounter regions in the campaign arc.

The Lands of Crae...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crae-lands.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	454.6 KB 
ID:	8918  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool GP!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very nice. My only qualm is the same as before. The fort looks out of place (probably better to have an abstract representation with a flat hand-drawn symbol). Good job though.