Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A simple chapel

Guild Apprentice

TheElf you're making me look bad man... that's all there is to it. Dang!
    I'm hacking my way into the cartographical realm with AutoRealm, AutoCAD, GIMP, and Google Sketchup as my tools!

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages
    because they know they can be impolite without
    having their skulls split, as a general thing."

Should I post a "tutorial" article about how it can be designed? Either here, or on my blog? Maybe it would help a bit

Well, and if it is useful, maybe it can attract people to the blog

Guild Member

I was thinking of buying SmartDraw to make these kind of maps. I especially like the legal edition (it contains lots of symbols for blood stains, weapons etc.). But that'd be an USD-300 investment... Thanks for showing us a new alternative for creating modern-day maps i.e. floorplans (Visio) and helping Strickland5. I think you deserve some rep.

Thank you

I am working on some Visio Tutorial.

I am not sure it is allowed to post the intro to it with a "read more" link...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Praise

anyone who posts a tut deserves some rep!

Have some
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Apprentice

TheElf - Very slick tutorial I must say.
    I'm hacking my way into the cartographical realm with AutoRealm, AutoCAD, GIMP, and Google Sketchup as my tools!

I think there are some good tools we haven't covered yet with tutorials. When I have seen your new dungeon the first thing I thought: if you choose free tools, somehow the Inkscape is missing from your list. But then I thought: if we don't have a tutorial, most people don't know about their choices, it is a natural thing.

This is why I think some tutorials for the missing tools are important. With Visio I had an easy time, I used that tool many times before, and it is easy to use, but if I would want to list differnet tools, and work on missing tutorials: I would have much harder time with some

Guild Apprentice

I'm definitely still learning what to use for digital maps, I'm rather use to the old school hand drawn maps.

Will work on some more tutorials then, but I still don't know if the "intro text" + read more link is good, or I need to work on separate versions for here, etc.

(If I work on my page, invest money in it, I would want to have my tutorials on them, without any penalty in page rank without duplicate content that is in pages with better pagerank, this is the reason against copying thing there or writing only there. With two versions, it is double work => less tutorials. With read more link => not sure if it is good or illegal advertisement. Hard to find a choice that is good and fair for all)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast