Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gobbo encapment

Post Gobbo encapment

Here we go again.
    The goblins up in the mountains have found an old dragon cave. The dragon is long dead but they find two intact dragon eggs. With a big fire they hatch the two red dragons and plan to tame them (yes, gobbos are stupid) and rule the world. They have a small encapment for their clan below the cliff face.
    I made one map, but i experimented with a night map but made a day version for clarity (it's just three layers to hide)
    I've stolen a few elements from the dundjinni forum, so it's not all mine. In hindsight i might just as well made the tents myself, they're pretty simple.
    I didn't do the dragon skeleton, the map was cluttered enough as it is. I might put the skeleton in the Elder House in Lilium instead, foreshadowing for the players.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GobboDark.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	527.6 KB 
ID:	8927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GobboLight.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	898.7 KB 
ID:	8928  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Lookin' good Hoel! Love the rock texture.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I can hear the convo already... party enters town and inn...

GM - "The pub is warm and welcoming, several people turn their heads and eye you up but strangers are common in these parts and the hubbub quickly rises again and people get back to their discussion. The barmen looks cheerful.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Theres a ruddy great dragon head nailed to the wall."

Party - "Riiiiiight, so go up to bar. Hey barman, how ya doin ? So where did that head come from ?"

GM - "Oh that came from the caves to the East."

Party - "OK then that settles that then. A couple of beers please, were going West."

I could imagine that.. But my players are nice to mee and doesn't try to derail the story as long as it has some promise of loot somewhere.
    When they were under St. Espene they took the time to loot 4 ancient elven sarcophagi (sp?) while the ghoul they were fighting escaped up through a crack into the great cathedral of St. Espene.
    If they get a hint of dragons they convo will probably go along the lines of
    PC1 "Oooh! Dragon..."
    PC2 "How many carts do we own? Can we get Catos dad to provide us with more?"
    GM "Probably, but the halflings are not cut out for dragon hunting"
    PC1 "No, but they make great bait. I have charm person and hold person readied"
    GM "Sigh"

Blog Entries

Hah hah, yes - a slightly different mentality to my old lot then

That waterfall looks pretty good.

I love the lighting effects with the fire for the night shot (heck I love that you did a night shot). The waterfall coming down the cliffs, as well as the cliffs themselves also really adds to the whole thing. Is the red light coming out of the cave related to the dragons?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Love the night version, very sweet.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The cave kinda dissapered in the dark, and since it's an important feature I decided to put a little scary red light in there. I suppose it's the dragon tamer training them to flame or something. Might make it more fiery orange..

Very well done Hoel, you are making some classy fantasy maps! So how much time did this map take to create?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast