Thread: House of the Exalted - Finished

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Map House of the Exalted - Finished

This is the "Ythrak Krellinaath" (House of the Exalted), it is kind of "Union Hall" for the pantheon in my home-brew. They meet here to discuss various matters, settle disputes, etc. It is located far in the north on a plateau within a ice-covered mountain range.

The building itself is a rectangular structure made from white marble with a golden dome supported by four marble pillars.

Each throne has the deity's symbol on the cushion, the slightly larger chair at the "top" of the circle is for the pantheon's 'mother'. An Omnipotent being (like AO in the Forgotten Realms), who actually keeps a close eye on her 'children' to make sure they don't get to far out of line.

Map created in photoshop with the use of textures from Spiral Graphics, objects downloaded from the Dundjinni forums, and royalty free tribal style art from various sites on the web.

Thanks to all those who responded with suggestions, critiques, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HouseOfTheExaltedv3.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	8946  
    Last edited by Steel General; 10-29-2010 at 07:58 AM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Nice - would rep but I have been giving you too much recently it seems... put one rep bonking on a tab would you.

Nice work SG! It's a very beautiful place. I love the marble, the stars and the seats with their own symbols.

What are you going to use the map for? Something you can show your players?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thanks Gandwarf...

Well I don't actually play anymore and my home-brew setting is just something I work on for fun, if someone wants to use any or all of it that's OK with me.

As I noted in the WIP thread for this there is a short story I wrote to go along with this. It was along time ago and the pantheon has expanded quite a bit since then.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Member

I love the final result and the little touches you added (esp. the key ).

Thanks guys...

Praise I'm suitably impressed...

Hi, SteelGeneral.

Well, I'm suitably impressed! You've really done an excellent job in creating this beautiful "meeting house". It is very well made and gives an indisputable sense of depth and purpose.

Your idea of each deity having its own throne is spot-on as is your "mother throne". I especially like the dais in the middle. I can perceive this as a platform for a "god's eye" which would be used as a portal to view the various areas of the deity's universe.

Beautiful done, wonderfully created -- a joy to behold.

Regards,

Gary
    In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.
    © May 29, 1980

Thanks for the comments Vandy I'm pretty happy with the results myself.

The only thing I would change on this is to have a consistent style of sigils/symbols on the thrones. I really like the tribal/tattoo style I used on a majority of them but I couldn't suitable images for all of them.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Drawing tribals is hard for me as well, so I end up looking at a lot of tatoos for ideas. Whenever I draw my own this one employee says I should go into inking skin rather than glass but I think they look dumb. The one thing I have learned is that practice makes perfect here and also that one idea leads to another...I still hate drawing tribals though and use fonts instead. We need to get an inker here as a member and do us a tut.

Anywho, love the textures and all the usual stuff I say about your work. This one is simpler than most of your stuff but actually, I think it's nicer in that regard. I always tell my customers that I try to aim for simple elegance rather than cluttering it up for the sake of filling space (but some people just have to have deer and butterflies in a landscape...dolts). Nice job, bro.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps