Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm glad to be here

Hi Johnn, I have been reading your tips for quite some years now. I have just joined. My instroduction comes next. This is my first post here

Hey Johnn, welcome to the Guild (sorry for so late but I have been on refresher courses all week at work (TELUS)), so welcoem.

As to upgrade o hell yeah. Upgrade (all those Thunderspire maps I did were in CC3 with the DD3 add one and symbol packs etc. All stock except the background fills)
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome Johnn! We have chatted a few times regarding articles and the Alliance of Creative Communities, I believe, and it is great to finally see you posting! You are in for a real treat and hopefully we can get your mapping skills whipped into shape in short order.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Thanks for the welcomes.

Looks like I upgrade to CC3 soon!
    Johnn Four
    Roleplaying Tips E-zine
    Campaign Mastery blog

Welcome Aboard!
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Thanks!

I just posted some questions about CC3 in the software forum. Hopefully I will decide about upgrading this week.
    Johnn Four
    Roleplaying Tips E-zine
    Campaign Mastery blog

Welcome to the Guild, Johnn - I read your bulletin for many years and always admired your self discipline to produce it regularly and with so much material. We have some really accomplished CC2 and CC3 users here, although I would also suggest that you download the GIMP and have a play with that too.

Thanks ravells. I've got GIMP and PS installed. Is there a pro-con comparison of GIMP vs. CS3 anywhere? Feature grid or pro-con column report?
    Johnn Four
    Roleplaying Tips E-zine
    Campaign Mastery blog

Post Difficult to Pro-Con

JF, they are completely different animals, one is CAD, the other is an image editor, so its difficult to Pro-Con. To further mix things up, I use Xara Xtreme which is a hybrid raster/vector application for all my maps. So many of us use all types of software to do our mapping.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I though GIMP had some vector functions, but I guess that reveals my level 0 mapper ranking.

I was checking out Adobe's Creative Suite. I'd love to use Illustrator for mapping. <checks pockets> Nope, no $1500 here. Maybe if I sold chocolate chip cookies at work?
    Johnn Four
    Roleplaying Tips E-zine
    Campaign Mastery blog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast