My maps blow. I have CC2 but it seems like I never have the time to work through the learning curve. Maybe my wife should chain me to the computer and load CC2 and not feed me until I've drawn a map that's as good quality as the ones I've seen on these boards.

Looks like starvation is in my future.

My current need is to draw building plans and a bit of the exterior area, which includes a river bank. So, I need more than rectangles. I tried graph paper, but soon the eraser bits filled more of the paper than my lines. I started thinking that the issue is with my process, not with the medium. For example, does anyone use a sketch or prototyping stage before doing the final version? I think it was because I was trying to draw something that I didn't have a clear mental picture of that I was having such problems Monday night.

Anywho, my name is Johnn. I publish an RPG ezine called Roleplaying Tips Weekly. I've also just started a DM blog that includes two fluffy mapping posts:

Drawing RPG Maps

Cure DM Writer’s Block With a Map

I know Arcana from years ago when we worked on some Roleplaying Tips related stuff. Also, Mike from RPG Print Shop suggested I lurk over here to pick up some great mapping ideas.

I'm glad to be here.

Johnn