Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: January Entry: Dead and Still Standing

Wip

Thanks for the suggestions, I have changed the autoshop floor as that one had far too much repeat. The other areas where there is repeat i am hopeing will be busy enough to mask it, but I'll cross that bridge when i get there.

I've also change the pits to a drop shadow and added warning stripes and a ladders. I've added a work bench and some machine tools, a few wheels (although i may add some more as some bits are still a bit empty) and on the bench a selection of tools, manuals and spray cans. I've also added bars to the windows and put a car in for service

More as is comes.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_100109.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	907.1 KB 
ID:	9114  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Man, that detailing kicks...also why I can never do this kind of map (I'd go bonkers). Nice job so far.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Holy Blue Toilet Water Batman!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I see a little blood, nothing very compromising.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Like Ascension said, nice detail.

Quick point though, I think the work pit in the garage is too wide. The wheels of the truck are only half on the floor, with the other half over the pit. There should be at least a few inches of garage floor between the edge of the pit and the inside of the wheels. It has been a while, but I do not think that these pits are more than 3 feet wide.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Ok the autoshop is almost complete, I agree with Korash that the pits need to go on a diet so I'll tackle that with the next update.

I've added more detail to the main garage (tools, paper, wheels, coffee mug, etc) and also oil stained the floor.

The main office is also done.

I've included the main WIP map and also full detailed views of the Autoshop (both lit and unlit).

Next stop deli and adult bookshop and then I can get into the meat of the aid station.

As for the blood, there will be much more to come, that which is there was part of the texture and I like the effect

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_110109.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	912.7 KB 
ID:	9130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_110109a.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	296.4 KB 
ID:	9131   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_110109b.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	9132  

I could have given ya some other rims but I threw my American Racing brochure away a few months ago. You can get one any just about any tire shop if ya want to scan some in and crop 'em right. Their website is flash so I don't think you could get any jpgs or pngs from there.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I could have given ya some other rims but I threw my American Racing brochure away a few months ago. You can get one any just about any tire shop if ya want to scan some in and crop 'em right. Their website is flash so I don't think you could get any jpgs or pngs from there.

Thanks, all the wheels and rims on the plan are modelled using animator. I have quite a few models, but I didn't want to get carried away on one small protion of the map

John

I only have one question, how do they get the car in there without it falling into the pit (or am I misreading where the garage door is)?

Nice find Nomadic.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast