Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: January Entry: Dead and Still Standing

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    I only have one question, how do they get the car in there without it falling into the pit (or am I misreading where the garage door is)?

Hehe, no wnder business is slow for the poor guy.

So narrow the pits and widen the door

Thanks

John

I believe you typically would have one door per pit. At least that is the way its been for all the mechanics I've been to over the years.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    I believe you typically would have one door per pit. At least that is the way its been for all the mechanics I've been to over the years.
    Yea, they do that around here too. I would say, 2 doors but still narrow the pits (they're a bit wide).

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    I only have one question, how do they get the car in there without it falling into the pit (or am I misreading where the garage door is)?
    They built the shop around that truck?

Wip

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the comments, I missed that door and truck problem hehe.

Anyway I've narrowed the pits, and change the doors to have two, so hopefully thats the problems solved there.

I've moved on and sealed tha alley between the autoshop and the deli with a metal spike fence and also added garbage and and a dumpster.

The deli has now got a cold cabinet, work surfaces, sink and some stools for customers to eat at. The bread basket needs work but that will do for a holding image until i get round to improving it.

The snag I have now is finding a decent 3ds model of a cash till. I have found plenty of 3dmax images, but my 3dmax is playing up so until I fix it or find an alternative format I'm screwed on that one

Anyway more as it comes.

John

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_130109.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	915.9 KB 
ID:	9207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip_130109a.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	9208  

Looking great! Ok, here is a short list of "issues":

• Tire in the top left corner of the garage seems to have a "chunk missing" possibly an image overlay issue.
    • The magazines in the office appear to be floating above the table and desk. Maybe reduce the drop shadows or remove them entirely.
    • Those are some seriously big cans of soda in the cold cabinet! Might want to reduce the scale of those a bit.

I can't quite make out the magazine covers. Are those women's mags in the garage office on the side table, and is that a D&D module on the desk?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

One thing that may not really be an issue, but at least in my state, any food place with seating is required to offer restrooms for it's customer use by the health department.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I can just picture those husky mechanics reading Redbook and Woman's Day Can't quite make out the 4 cars on the covers...looks like an old white Jag and orange Vette in the office and some type of lowered truck and Honda in the shop (I love hunting for details). Nice job so far, other than the 40 oz cans of soda and chopped tire.
    Last edited by Ascension; 01-13-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Nice work. I have a few things as well to point out though.

• One thing that is still bugging me is the toilet water. It looks really fake. Is there any way that you could make it a very light transparent blue (showing some of the bottom of the toilet bowl beneath it)?
    • The computer monitor is awfully long. I mean, my big ole CRT monitor is pretty dang long but it's still not much longer than it is wide. Your computer there is almost twice as long as wide.
    • A minor thing but it looks like the keyboard is backwards (unless you are modeling it off of a type I am unfamiliar with).
    Last edited by Nomadic; 01-13-2009 at 11:17 PM.

Hi All

No updated images tonight, although i have fixed most of the issues pointed out.

Firstly the soda cans have been downsized.
    Office magazines have been defloated and changed to something a little more manly (ok car magazines)
    Replaced the missing chunk off the tyre (I must have clicked when I had eraser selected).
    The books on the table are car maintence manuals (most of them haines manuals). Its scary how much like an old dnd manual the haines manual looks when its reduced.
    I'll fix the computer monitor when I go back to the main warehouse, as thats really just a place holder, and I hate CRT monitors so it'll be a flat screen.
    I've de-blued the water in the loos as well.
    I've not really specified which country this is set in, and to be as neutral as possible I'll try to leave it that way. But restrooms are not a requirement for a small eatery like this in the UK.
    Bread rolls are updated and I fixed 3dmax so I now have a till as well.

Anyway thats the updates, I'll post some thumbs with the next installment.

Thanks

John

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast