Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January Entry: Haevenstadt Harbor

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Very nice, it does remind me of puget sound a little bit.
    Funny you should mention that. I grew up along the Oregon coast, and have been to the Puget Sound area several times. The coast along the Northwest is part of the inspiration behind this map, so I am glad to see that someone found something familiar about it.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Funny you should mention that. I grew up along the Oregon coast, and have been to the Puget Sound area several times. The coast along the Northwest is part of the inspiration behind this map, so I am glad to see that someone found something familiar about it.
    Well I lived in Bremerton, Washington for 8 years (I currently live in Bend, Oregon). The shape and style caught my eye (and yea I noticed when you talked about your inspiration). It looks good though. I see that I have alot of real good competition going on (including with your map... dang I feel inadequate with my silly anchors away map).

Post We're all different

We're all different. We use different styles, tools and methodologies. You never how the vote is going go - keep at it, and don't compare yourself to others. Trust in yourself...

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Well I lived in Bremerton, Washington for 8 years (I currently live in Bend, Oregon). The shape and style caught my eye (and yea I noticed when you talked about your inspiration). It looks good though. I see that I have alot of real good competition going on (including with your map... dang I feel inadequate with my silly anchors away map).
    Well don't feel inadequate. As I mentioned on one of the other threads here, there is a lot to be said for simplicity and sticking to the basics. Having taken a look at some of the other maps under development for this month's challenge, I don't see where yours is any less a work of art. A different style? Yes. A different medium of development? Yes. But it isn't any less worthy of being considered along with every other map in the challenge. Just keep plugging away at it. Who knows what will happen when the votes start getting counted.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, really. I haven't made up my mind as to who I'm voting for yet, heck I haven't even decided if I'm going to enter or not...or if I'm going to wear pants tomorrow. I probably won't make up my mind on any of these accounts until the 25th.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Nah I'm not ragging on myself, I just think that your work (as well as some others) is brilliant compared to mine.

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    We're all different. We use different styles, tools and methodologies. You never how the vote is going go - keep at it, and don't compare yourself to others. Trust in yourself...

GP
    I can personally attest to this... for November, I tried working in 3D Studio Max for the entry. I thought my idea was going out on a limb and it was my first time working in 3D for a challenge. But, I came away with a respectable 3rd place... much better than I thought I would do.

Keep up the good work, try different styles/programs/technologies, and you'll eventually find your niche. The most important thing is that you enjoy yourself! This is your hobby... have fun with it!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Don't worry about comparing your work to any of the others, you really never know what is going to catch someones eye when it comes to the final vote.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It may be a stupid question but with what program do you do this. I'm just new I only draw maps I don't do then on PC.

Need some adjustment on the coast, but is very good for a while.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast