Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: January Entry: Haevenstadt Harbor

Quote Originally Posted by jaspertjie View Post
    It may be a stupid question but with what program do you do this. I'm just new I only draw maps I don't do then on PC.
    I am using a combination of FTPro, Paint Shop Pro and Terragen with the For Export Only plug-in.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances , I find myself forced to withdraw from this month's challenge since it is unlikely that I will have enough time to finish the Haevenstadt Project. I will, however, keep working on it and either post it in the WIP forum or (should the Map with Tutorial Challenge go active) post it here for another challenge. Good luck to everyone still involved, however, and I look forward to casting my vote come the 25th.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

aw and I was really beginning to like this map alot
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy View Post
    aw and I was really beginning to like this map alot
    Me too, this stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Me too, this stinks.
    It most certainly does. Unfortunately, while I can still access the forums, I am about 500 miles away from my computer and the one I am using just wouldn't be able to handle the rendering processes that I would need to continue working on the maps. If I am very very lucky, though, I might make it back home in time to at least finish up the regional version of the map, but loved ones always come first.

GW
    GW

Well, a small bit of good news. The unfortunate circumstances seem to be working themselves out which will (or so I hope) allow me a bit of travel time and an opportunity to continue working on my map for this challenge. I'm still not 100 percent sure that I will have enough time to finish it up, but maybe if I pull a couple of all-nighters, I might get close, at least with a regional map, though I will definitely have to drop the idea of a local map, at least for the challenge. I did manage to work on the elevation file quite a bit and finally hammered out some of the details (mainly the river cuts) and should have something to post here later today.

GW
    GW

Wip

So, a bit of a re-vamped elevation model. Working initial renders as I post this and think I may still have a little work to do on the rivers since they are rendering out too straight, but all in good time. Needless to say, I'm never gonna get this done if I don't settle on something soon, but any progress is good progress, yes?

In any event, I won't be rendering the entire area, or rather, I will, but I'll be trimming it down to meet the dimensional requirements of the challenge, but the elevation map is pretty much finalized with the exception of, perhaps, raising a few of the mountain peaks and ridges.

### Latest WIP ###
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 01-19-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Adding WIP Thumbnail Tag
    GW

Wip

An early stage rendering with river overlay. As I said, I'm not quite set on the rivers just yet and may have to twiddle the mask a bit to get more of a meandering flow. Will likely delete a few of them as well since a few of them don't make a whole lot of sense. Suggestions/Comments welcome.

### Latest WIP ###
    GW

Since there is just no chance that I will finish this project up before the Challenge deadline, I'll be moving it over to the WIP forum. Good luck to everyone remaining in the challenge, however, and I am still looking forward to casting my vote. But it isn't going to be easy, there are a lot of good choices and it's going to be hard to pick just one.

And just for the record, I have thoroughly enjoyed working on this, even if I did bite off a little more than I could chew given all the distractions I've faced and would like to offer up one last update before shifting over to the WIP forum. I've laid out some base coloring, almost finalized the rivers and lakes, dropped in some major roads and defined some of the upper elevations as far as slopes and snow caps.

See ya'll in the WIP forum.

GW

### Latest WIP ###
    GW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123