Thread: Paint Shop Pro Resources?

Post Paint Shop Pro Resources?

I was not able to find any threads on this topic with the search function so please point me in the right direction if this has already been discussed.

I use PSP on a daily basis at both work and at home and would really like to use it for my fantasy mapping as much as possible. Does anyone know of fantasy or Sci-fi mapping resources for PSP?

So far I have been able to determine the following.

• Most Photoshop Filters will work with PSP, that is a huge help, Flaming Pear for the win.
    • GIMP Brushes will not work with PSP, too bad there are a couple of nice brush sets I would like to use.
    • DeviantArt has a lot of brushes for PSP, but the worst search function on the web

Quote Originally Posted by RockViper View Post
    I was not able to find any threads on this topic with the search function so please point me in the right direction if this has already been discussed.

I use PSP on a daily basis at both work and at home and would really like to use it for my fantasy mapping as much as possible. Does anyone know of fantasy or Sci-fi mapping resources for PSP?

So far I have been able to determine the following.

• Most Photoshop Filters will work with PSP, that is a huge help, Flaming Pear for the win.
    • GIMP Brushes will not work with PSP, too bad there are a couple of nice brush sets I would like to use.
    • DeviantArt has a lot of brushes for PSP, but the worst search function on the web
    No specific PSP stuff.. but for the last one, why not use Google to run the search, as long as the DeviantArt site is one they index you get great search functionality.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I will give that a try.

Thanks

Blog Entries

I use PSP a lot and I think its compatible with all the tutorials and stuff on this site. Its major drawback from the point of view of tokens and stuff is that (at least my version) does not support PNG's with transparent alpha channel so they come out with the color only. It has a few bugs esp when images are > 10K square. Something like 14K image kills it every time.

You can still use transparent PNGs as long as you extract the alpha channels as a separate image and use the image/arithmetic tools to mask in stuff. I don't do this all that often as I use a different app for all token manipulation.

If you have any specific questions then I might be able to answer them.

Also, try this as a google search
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...antart.com+PSP