Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: January Entry: Anchors Away

Yeah... that is pretty sweet.

Arr me mateys. I's glad that ye be so patiently waitin fer new mappin things t' come from yers truly (avast I has been sidetrack'd and had t' fight me way free wit not but me wits and me trusty sabre). I has eased up on the colors n' all and subdued things to be more proper as is rights fer such a map. In me mappin' I noticed that the map be slidin all about me table wit the rockin o tha ship. So's I nailed er down proper, alas I forgot t' check the nail first and nailed a piece of scrap to 'er as well. Bein the inventive chap that I is though I used the scrap to write down the regions name n' all. I think it looks might right piratey. It be somethins that can only be truly appreciated up close n all so I copies down a larger bit fer yer viewin pleasure. And it be time fer me rum again.

Yo ho ho me lads.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contest Map WIP-7(close).png 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	9229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contest Map WIP-7(example).png 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	9230  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The small font with the white glow are nearly unreadable (at least for me), but that is likely due to re-scaling, etc.

Other than that I think this is coming along nicely.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ahoy, me thinks Ill have to keep an eye on this map! Me likes it already!

Yoho yoho, hav' some rep!
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Tis a wonder t'behold. Methinks tha "New Dawson" words mayhap be black as yer buccaneerin heart, but should be the color or soaked ship timbers. In fact, I hie that all the vile blacks on this chart mighten look better with an umber.
    Something witty and pithy

Just a side thought here. Since this is potentially going to be printed, you may want to refrain from putting in the folds. That way if it wins you can simply fold it when it arrives.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General
    The small font with the white glow are nearly unreadable (at least for me), but that is likely due to re-scaling, etc.

Other than that I think this is coming along nicely.
    Aye, it be mostly to the rescalin' and all. But I's be thinkin' abouts changing them there outlines to a more 'propriate color fer such a map. I thank ye much fer yer feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by bryguy
    Ahoy, me thinks Ill have to keep an eye on this map! Me likes it already!

Yoho yoho, hav' some rep!
    Glad t' hear ye likes it and thank ye much fer the rep (I'd poor ye a glass o ale fer that but I's be fresh out).

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmpig
    Tis a wonder t'behold. Methinks tha "New Dawson" words mayhap be black as yer buccaneerin heart, but should be the color or soaked ship timbers. In fact, I hie that all the vile blacks on this chart mighten look better with an umber.
    That tis a very good point, I thinks I might un just do's that. A right bit o umber would look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller
    Just a side thought here. Since this is potentially going to be printed, you may want to refrain from putting in the folds. That way if it wins you can simply fold it when it arrives.
    Tis a most valid point, though I be likin the thought of the map bein sort o one o those pictures peoples always talkin about. The things that look real buts are flat n all. I thinks I be keepin the folds, buts thanks ye for the feedback.

Here be a bit o an update fer ye scurvy dogs. I has gone over the map and changed them black lines t' a more umberish look (and I must agree tis looks a mighty fine better). I's also made all the labels more uniform and all that, been alignin' them colors t' match and now they are even easier t' see. Be there anythin' else that ye lot see that could use a sprucin up?

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contest Map WIP-8.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	9306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contest Map WIP-8(close).png 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	9307  

Tis looks great to me eye!

An' it be t' bad about ye ale, perhaps ye should steal I men buy sa'more?

Only thing tha' I cun see is ye L looks like a backward G!
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast