This is a tut for Paint Shop Pro which I would hope various people will contribute to. I hadnt realized that people wanted to know much about this app as its just another paint app with slightly different user interface (UI) than the others but basically it does the same job.

I'll start with some basic stuff then go on to layers and then some effects and finally arithmetic which is where I think its best features are at.

I am on V7 point something and there were a few sevens I think then it went 8 or 9. The older versions are not all that dissimilar. The app up to something like PSP 3 was a shareware, front of magazine give away and was one of the original 'build a market based on free stuff then make it commercial' setups that made other apps try to do the same thing. It got pen tablet features at about 5 the it changed ownership from JASC to Corel later on and I think the main app developer left it and its never been quite as good. Generally people have said that its become better then got to a zenith and then started getting worse. I don't know what to say about that but I needed the pen tablet features and there was a few cool extras but by about V7 it had all I needed out of a paint package so I kinda stopped upgrading then. I am not sure what I am missing that new versions can do but I don't think its impacting on its ability.

PSP is both a raster and vector app but really its much stronger in the raster side that I don't think many people use it for its vector abilities so I wont cover that area at all.