36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 75.00%
  • No

9 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Create a map with a tutorial on how it was made

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

An interesting idea for sure, but I'd probably like to see it limited to those who haven't done a tut before. Writing your first tut is kind of hard and time consuming because of all the little nit-picky details that you forget to put in because they are second nature to you and not to mention getting all of the screenshots right. I like the idea, don't get me wrong, I just think that one of the old pros would win hands down due to the technical side of explaining things in written form. But then again, I'd have to try out a new style/software and tut it up so maybe it's got some merit.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I voted no, mainly because I know how much effort has to go into writing a tutorial

Not to discourage anyone... but I don't think it would fit the conventional challenge format/timeline.

And remember - anyone can get a tutorial award if it is well rated!

-Rob A>

Guild Novice Facebook Connected ggdancer's Avatar

I voted yes as i think its a great idea. But i also agree that one month probably isn't enough time. Maybe as a 2 parter one month to actually create (or fine tune) a map and then another month to write the tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyD473 View Post
    I think its a great idea, but I think participation wouldn't be very high
    Me too. I wish I had time just to enter one of the regular contests... someday.

But don't let that stop everyone else from having fun with this.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12