Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone play Sengoku? Formerly known as Bushido.

Oh ya, While I never played Bushido (or Sengoku) I have always been interested in the game but then again I have always been interested in Japanese history/culture/language.

If anyone needs monsters for a Japanese themed game, then the Obakemono Project is a good place to start for inspiration.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    *Minor threadjack* Cool new avatar Turgenev *End minor threadjack*
    Thanks SG. I was going through some of my back-up discs and I found that pic and thought it would make a nice avatar. Making avatars is one of my other obsessions... I mean hobbies.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Guild Member

I really enjoy games with a historical setting, especially those RPG's that are based in Asia. I really would like to buy Sengoku. The reviews seem to confirm that it is an excellent read and a fine game. Then again, I already own too many RPG's and don't have a lot of time to play. Currently, I'm trying to prepare a campaign for Qin: The Warring States which is set in ancient China around 240 BC. But as mentioned, having a full-time job and a family, time is the main issue... It'd be great to see more Asian maps on these forums, though... I really do need more inspiration to help me create more stuff of my own. Is anyone of you planning to draw oriental battle or city maps in the foreseeable future?

PS Ran is a fantastic movie indeed, Gameprinter!

Post I am and plan to as well...

[QUOTE=mogul76;43794]Is anyone of you planning to draw oriental battle or city maps in the foreseeable future?QUOTE]

I just started a thread in the Map Elements Forum, actually restarting a halted project from last year, as a new thread... http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...3785#post43785

I wanted for a while now to create a set of oriental/Japanese styled map objects so anyone could import them into a graphics app and create a Japanese flavored map. Once I create all or most of my planned objects I will create a fictional map using them. I haven't really seen a map object line that targetted that kind of map. With my Japanese background, I thought I should do this.

Ravs, has been egging on since I stopped in many threads over the course of the year, even recently as well. With my Brief on Japanese Fortifications in the General Discussion Forum - I got back in the mood to trying it again.

I also want to create (separately) a complete 5 floor Shiro (Japanese castle) and grounds set of maps, at encounter scale, ready for use in any Japan based RPG adventure, as there seems to be a lack of that kind of gaming map as well.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-09-2009 at 08:46 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    As an aside, parsing out the name Rokugan (roku is Japanese for the number six.) What does six or Roku have to do with five rings?? "Go" is number five in Japanese, not that they should call it "Gogan", but steer away from vocabular usage to suggest the number six has anything to do with anything.
    At least they didn't call it Shigan.

Nah I have never been big into oriental style adventures. That's not to say I wouldn't play one. It's more that I have yet to find one that I enjoyed (but again I haven't played many so there might be a few I just haven't heard of).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

All I ever played were the old Sega Genesis games "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" (Risk-like game set in China) and "Nobunaga's Ambition" (same but in Japan). I enjoyed the heck out of those games and still do once in a while (hook up the old Genesis and send my ninjas out).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post Same here...

Not that I play much oriental RPGs myself, but there is a large fan base for them, and a lacking of content - as in the case of maps and map objects. So why not do a few, since I have the references to them correctly.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

At one time GRG was planning on releasing a Castles book, but never got around to find someone to put it all together. There were a lot of Sengoku fans demanding that book. Perhaps I should post a message to the fans and let them know about this project...
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    At one time GRG was planning on releasing a Castles book, but never got around to find someone to put it all together. There were a lot of Sengoku fans demanding that book. Perhaps I should post a message to the fans and let them know about this project...
    My mother is getting older, she suffered a stroke a few years ago and doesn't get around so well. As a tribute to her, I feel I need to do this. She probably wouldn't understand, though still appeciate it, not being a into castles and maps like I am. Still its an important project to me. So it will get done.

RP, if you want to pass on the existence of this project, by all means!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast