Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone play Sengoku? Formerly known as Bushido.

I'm playing in a Bushido campaign at the moment. Our whole clan has just been made ronin by the Shogun.

Quote Originally Posted by nilcypher View Post
    I'm playing in a Bushido campaign at the moment. Our whole clan has just been made ronin by the Shogun.
    "Made ronin" Oh no... what happened?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    "Made ronin" Oh no... what happened?
    We were a little too successful and far too ambitious. Our local daimyo rose up against the Shogun, and the head of our clan (one of the players) played both sides and wound up replacing the daimyo after his death in battle.

The shogun thanked him for his efforts and announced that we were all ronin. We'll be back though, once we've risen an army in China.

Oh that sounds like fun.

Regarding the ronin thing, I'm surprised he didn't give you the choice of seppiku. That would be the proper option. It sounds similar to Chushingura - Hana no maki yuki no maki (47 Ronin), but that revolved more around court intrigue than battle.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Oh that sounds like fun.

Regarding the ronin thing, I'm surprised he didn't give you the choice of seppiku. That would be the proper option. It sounds similar to Chushingura - Hana no maki yuki no maki (47 Ronin), but that revolved more around court intrigue than battle.
    It was made 'clear' that he didn't expect us to commit seppuku, in that way that means 'you really should commit seppuku'.

There was plenty of intrigue surrounding the battle though, as our main rival was the Daimyo's sun.

Wanted you to lose face did he? Those evil bureaucrats are all the same! LOL

Very cool about the intrigue. Any Bushido/Sengoku game worth calling itself true to the genre would should be oozing with it. Also, hard decisions are a must. Basically anything that causes conflict is inline with the genre. I often point new players to 47 Ronin for that reason. It is an epic story that perfectly captures what the GM should be shooting for.

Wanted you to lose face did he? Those evil bureaucrats are all the same! LOL
    So much so, he ambushed and crucified the entire party.

Yow! Crucified... my condolences.

It's ok, I rescued them.

I have a copy of Bushido around somewhere - I used to work for FGU (Fantasy Games Unlimited), and they paid me in merchandise.

The also produced Land of the Rising Sun - another excellent set of fantasy/medieval Japanese rules, based on their Chivalry & Sorcery system.

Damn... does that bring back memories... I was still in HS.
    Last edited by MarkusTay; 01-13-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast