Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Ukiyo-e Map Objects - take two!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Gonna have to try me one these... looks great Vandy!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Can't wait to get back to this project!

Nice job, Vandy! I just can't wait to get back into this project. I can already tell, I need to make some Japanese castles with a perspective view that will work better with the other objects - its just I created those from photos and the used the angles in them, rather than creating from a higher view point.

Strange, while I appreciate the prints that Ravs and Vandy has created, my original intent was to create map objects to create artistic maps in Japanese style. Everyone is creating new Ukiyo-e prints, rather than maps with them.

Which is almost too funny.

Another few weeks on my commission and I jump back into this full steam!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    Hi, All.

Well, I've finished my version of a Ukiyo-e Japanese print. I certainly don't believe that it would be considered exactly the correct style but I went more for artistic "look and feel" than I did for exact style.

My special thanks to gamerprinter for providing such wonderful symbols with which to work. Here is my print:

Attachment 9720

Regards,

Gary
    Great work Vandy!!!

Hi!!

I love your maps, I´m interested on all kind of asian themed maps. Thank you!!

Thanks, Konrad!

For those who don't know, I am half Japanese, and the concept creator for the Kaidan setting of Japanese horror (PFRPG). We are wrapping up the Campaign Setting Guide and Players Guide to Kaidan, hopefully for release in the first quarter of next year. Of course that is in addition to a 3 module mini-adventure arc, 3 one-shot adventures, 2 racial guides, 2 class/faction guides, and a mapped adventure site. We will be creating more Kaidan content over 2014.

Sometime after August 2014, I will begin to add to this collection of ukiyo-e map objects for public release - following the releases of my upcoming map tutorial guides and first 3 sets of map objects, all from my successful Kickstarter I ran last summer.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-29-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Is this symbol set available anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Rollins View Post
    Is this symbol set available anywhere?
    The PNG are available here but I don't know the conditions for using them.

You can use them in private and published maps and illustrations. You cannot share nor sell the symbols independantly, or with any other products.
    DrivethruRPG store

Gorgeous. I love the inspiration you took from Hokusei and the others. My personal favorite ukiyo-e artist is Utagawa Kuniyoshi because he's so flamboyant. But I love them all.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

Wow this is amazing. This is exactly what I was looking for for my first map project to assist. Thank you. Also if you know any other style like this? Please let me know

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910