Thread: Another new member signs in

Post Another new member signs in

Hi everyone.

I just joined recently, and I'm amazed at how good everyone's work is. Thanks for all the tutorials, especially for GIMP.

I hope to find the time to do some decent maps of my own to post for advice/critique. I've dabbled with creating maps for years, but they never looked good. With the tips I've gotten so far (and I've just scraped the surface of what's available), I think I can improve.

I've got a couple of old continent maps to post, and I may try to improve these or make a new one. I haven't decided which path to take yet.

I also want to learn enough to make simple battlemaps for use with MapTool, or to print out for tabletop D&D.

The first map was done with the Hexmapper program about three years ago and is scaled down around 25%. The full size is around 33 inches by 48 inches.

The second map is a hand drawn map I made about 10 years ago. It never looked quite right to me, and now I know about the "river rule" (thanks!).

I really enjoy the site.

Nialas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TestContinentScaled.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	9098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map-ScannedImage.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	9099  

Post Welcome!

Welcome to the Guild! Always great when you're first post includes a map, so Kudos and REP!

My specialty is printing RPG maps, so all the makes I create are at least 24 x 24 sometimes bigger than what you posted above. Check this month's mapping challenge - I'm offering a prize for the winner, in a large format print of their map.

Oh, and I see you noticed your river problems, so I guess you're safe from any actions on my part as Deputy River Police!

Again, welcome - start up a new map, so we can critique and guide you!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

show more of this

Welcome Aboard!
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Joao, if you're asking for the full size version of the Hexmapper map, here it is. Converting from bmp vastly reduces the file size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test Continent.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	649.1 KB 
ID:	9126  

Uhmmm!has several types of terrain.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave