Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC3 Questions

Hey Johnn,

Glad to help. It sounds like you should definitely work with CC2 for awhile, and put your CC3 kitty toward PS.

Aside from price, I'd say it depends on how much time you have to map and how much precision you need. CCx provides a lot of precision, which is essential when you're making templates to reuse, but can get in the way of making maps rapidly. Fractal Mapper is essentially a graphics tool geared toward cartography, which makes it incredibly easy to make maps, but lacks precision.

I cant's speak to PS, but if you need the graphics tool for other things, then you'll get more mileage out of PS than CCx. So, again, since you already have CC2, use that for awhile so you can make an informed decision about upgrading.

Cheers,
    -Erin
    Chimera RPG:
    Guidelines for Multi-genre Roleplaying
    http://www.welshpiper.com/

It sounds like you should definitely work with CC2 for awhile, and put your CC3 kitty toward PS.
    Nice. That sounds like the winning combo.
    Johnn Four
    Roleplaying Tips E-zine
    Campaign Mastery blog

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

I would like to point out that Gimp can do almost everything PS can, and at a much better price: $0.00. I use gimp for post-processing on my CC3 maps, and it works great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12