Thread: Meerzicht (City Designer 3)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Meerzicht (City Designer 3)

Meerzicht is one of the earlier cities I mapped with City Designer 3 and I wanted to do a new version. Below you'll see the first version and my latest attempt.

Backstory
    Meerzicht (Lakesight or Lakeside literally translated) is a fortress city located northwest of the great city of Concetron. Both cities are located on the shores of the same lake.

Meerzicht was once built to protect the north, which essentially is the backyard of Concetron. It was an important military headquarters from where troops could be dispatched to Concetron or Westdiep (to the west, a city which was fought over a lot by the wizards of Concetron and Miston). The fortress was carefully designed and took many years to complete. It's surrounded by a dry moat and thick walls with many towers. Two keeps protect the landside, while the castle protects the harbor.

Nowadays the city is ruled by the Alliance and a force of about 1.000 veteran troops are stationed there. This excludes city guards and militia. No buildings are allowed too near the walls as the Alliance wants the fortress to stay impenetrable. At least that's the reputation the city has.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meerzicht_3.jpg 
Views:	4087 
Size:	668.2 KB 
ID:	9137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meerzicht_final.jpg 
Views:	2581 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	9138  
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...