Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: January Entry: Ythrak Lakdanaan (Domain of the Exalted)

If you want do do something easy that'll make it just that bit more awsome, why not put some sand and mud scattered about, maybe a sandy beach or a muddy area used as the god's muster field.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I did add some small beaches to the islands in the southern 'sea', but the chewed up/muddy terrain is a good idea - especially in that large open area in the southwest with the bull icon (Falkyr - God of Battle).

I also thought of adding a few roads leading to the Infinite Tower (Big Momma's house ;D) - not sure about that though.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm just thinking Asgård when I see this. A musterfield like Idavallen is a must for any self respecting war-god
    Test the roads out, see if they look good.
    I still want a rimfall thou.. or maybe something like Bifrost.

Well if you look at a map Marvel Comic's Asgard - you'll see that i used that as "inspiration".

I'd need to come up with something completely different - don't want to copy Bifrost (Asgard) or the Infinite Stairway (Forgotten Realms) - to want to include that. I'll give it some thought.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

No bridge but... wait for it.... a CANNON!

Post Labels, Labels and more labels...

OK, here's today's update...

- Added the labels and moved some of the demesne's around a bit.
    - Added a new 'desert' island for Tempus Fugit - Demesne of Thempys; God of Time
    - Added the Colossus of Eternity he stands guard at...The bridge to Tempus Fugit
    - Added 'dirt'/broken terrain at the base of the mountains & the Fields of the Fallen

This may very well be the final version unless a really, really cool idea pops up or I see typos, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP3.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	4.54 MB 
ID:	9301  
    Last edited by Steel General; 01-15-2009 at 07:09 PM.

Saw no glaring mistakes, but I don't know your spelling. The desert island was a nice touch, but I think it needs a really scary rope bridge. A dessert island would be cool too.

Btw, isn't Illuvatar ripped right out of Tolkien mythology?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    Saw no glaring mistakes, but I don't know your spelling. The desert island was a nice touch, but I think it needs a really scary rope bridge. A dessert island would be cool too.

Heh yeah, I think Eru Illuvatar is the master creator mentioned in the silmarillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    If it is, it wasn't intentional - I can always change it like I did for the CWBP, it's essentially the same pantheon with some name changes.

Edit: After digging out my copy of Unfinished Tales it seems that Illuvatar is a Tolkien name, I try to stay away from those as much as possible so I think I'll change it and repost the update later tonight.
    Last edited by Steel General; 01-16-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Aye I like tis map.

tis a little flat in some areas, and me thinks that the water still looks like it be floating, but tis be a good map.

Arg I knew I shouldn't have gone over to Anchors Away agin, as it gets me talkin' like a pirate for a bit!
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast