Thread: January Entry: Ythrak Lakdanaan (Domain of the Exalted)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Wip January Entry: Ythrak Lakdanaan (Domain of the Exalted)

OK, I finally have something to post. I had a lot of trouble figuring out what to do this month.

My original plan was to do a map of Rathillien from the Kencyrath series by PC Hodgell, but I couldn't find a decent version to work from - scrap idea #1. I tried to find somewhat decent maps from several of my more favorite book series but struck out each time - scrap ideas #2-5.

Then I decided to take a chance and maybe do something with Asgard - I found a map of the Marvel universe's version, but couldn't find enough information on the various areas - scrap idea #6.

At this point I'm ready to pull my hair out and came really close to not entering.

So finally I fell back on the old standby...my home-brew campaign setting. I decided to rework the cosmology a bit and instead of having the deities all dwell on different planes I'd move them all to one Asgard-like plane.

Ultimately that's how I arrived at this, I took the basic outline of the Marvel Asgard map I found (with some modifications) and began mapping out the Ythrak Lakdanaan or Domain of the Exalted.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP1.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	4.43 MB 
ID:	9183  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.