Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: January Entry: The Lost Continent

Quote Originally Posted by Rahva View Post
    Alright, I'll keep my mouth shut about that You are right it's kind of hard to tell that there are two words. Anyway, no problem.
    yea Ill make it more like 2 words

and its okay, my original idea was Atlantis, but I decided to modify it so that its a continent that may or may not be Atlantis, and that may or may not be from our earth

lol I just realized that as a book, it has very few words..... maybe i should fix that
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Finish the map part first then merge those layers together so that when you get around to distorting it to fit the curvature it will distort everything and you won't have to do every layer and possibly mess something up.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Finish the map part first then merge those layers together so that when you get around to distorting it to fit the curvature it will distort everything and you won't have to do every layer and possibly mess something up.
    tried it, but merging it ruins some things, like the ocean and the land, so that it doesnt look good at all

oh well, Ill probably eventually find a way
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Ahhh nice to see the actual file now

The book is a nice touch, will be keeping an eye (maybe even both) on your progress.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Figured out a way to make the picture bend with the page I dont really care for the effect myself. Ill show u what it looks like when Ive finished the map so that everything with it will be updated

@--> Steel General

Lol yea it is nice to be able to see it, isn't it? lol

Hope you run into a wall while your keeping your eye (or maybe both) on it!

The edge of the page looks a bit pixelated but I will just chalk that up to low resolution for now. Otherwise it looks really awesome. Just one question, if it's 5,000 years old... why is it marked in modern English letters (and using English words like port)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    The edge of the page looks a bit pixelated but I will just chalk that up to low resolution for now. Otherwise it looks really awesome. Just one question, if it's 5,000 years old... why is it marked in modern English letters (and using English words like port)?
    hmm... good point

Ill see about changing the font to make it look more ancient

Maybe the Tengwar font? it looks sorta elvish, and u cant understand a word of it

I recommend taking/finding some high resolution images of woodgrain/wooden tables and using it as a background instead of the seemless tile woodgrain... The background feels a bit out of plcae compared to the slickness of the rest of the image
    Something witty and pithy

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmpig View Post
    I recommend taking/finding some high resolution images of woodgrain/wooden tables and using it as a background instead of the seemless tile woodgrain... The background feels a bit out of plcae compared to the slickness of the rest of the image
    yea Ive been working on the background, and made a new table one, but if nobody likes it then Ill take a picture of one of the tables around my house, all of them are wooden

Okay made some adjustments

Changed the wood background to a custom made one (does it look better?), made it so u cant see the corner of the map through the crabs, added mountains, added a picture in the left corner (just in case your wondering what it is, its the Throne of the Sea King), added words to make it more like a book (no they are not actually meant to be read), and added shading to the pages. I added the shading just as a last thought, cause I realized that when books pages curve like the ones in my book do, then the page(s) are probably lifted up a bit, so their should be shading.

So yea, hope it looks better

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bookbig2.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	9238  

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast