Thread: January Entry: Mysterious Island

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post January Entry: Mysterious Island

This is a remake of an old map (one of my first), which I've started re-doing twice already, and now this will be my third attempt.

I wanted to use some of the mapping elements Clercon used in his 'monthly pick', but unfortunately 15 days was too short a time-perod for me to create a slew of new textures and develop new techniques (and not be embarrassed by the results).

So I'll just keep it simple, and use what I know for now - at a later date I will re-visit it once again and try different mountain styles and terrain textures, but in the mean-time I'll at least have a chance of having something finished for this challenfge by keeping it very simple.

The place-holder is of the origainl, in all it's low-res, ugly glory.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mysterious Island.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	277.9 KB 
ID:	9196  
    Last edited by MarkusTay; 01-13-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Looks cool. I know this is not the actual product, so not much to say. But it's good to know I'm not the only one that redoes things over and over

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rahva View Post
    Looks cool. I know this is not the actual product, so not much to say. But it's good to know I'm not the only one that redoes things over and over
    Oh you are definitely not the only one...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm out of this one - major problems at home and I couldn't even think about the computer for a week - My furnace went down (puffback) and I lost my heat overnight, and pipes froze & burst, so I've been repairing stuff and cleaning-up a huge mess the past ten days.

I still want to re-do this map, but I think it would be better for me to take my time and not enter any challenges - I want to develop new techniques, and I think that would be easier in an open-ended project.

My bad for entering - I should've realized from the beginning it was a waste, since I wasn't going to be able to do what I wanted regardless.

My Apologies --- Mark