Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: January Entry: Pick a name you like

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Wip January Entry: Pick a name you like

Just thought I'd add a lil something for the challenge. Don't expect too many votes or comments I just wanted to do something that I would like to see hanging on my wall so it's not named or anything, still playing with some new techniques (not yet done). Not sure how far I'm going to take this outside of trying out some new ideas. May look a lil funky as it has been shrunk down for the posting but the original is 36" x 18". Anyway, here it is.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-09-Cha-Asc-1.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	4.17 MB 
ID:	9330  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Praise Nice

Nice world, Ascension, and glad to see put yourself into contention in the Challenge. That would look nice on your wall *hint, hint* (in case you don't win)

Good to see in, hope more regulars join the competition too!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

It looks like you have the bevel backwards for the water (looks like it's above the land... like a giant piece of jello hehe).

If you link the top-right continent to the one on its left you could name it Earth, Millions of Years Ago.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat idea my friend...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Rahva...yeah, I deliberately made this earth-derivative to pound home the "blue marble" style that I usually do.

Well I'm off to tackle a few more steps that will take all night (takes 20 minutes to save the darn thing and then it likes to arbitrarily hang for 10 minutes when playing with layer styles).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Two nights worth of minor updates and tweaks, although most people probably won't even notice a difference...I can't really see that much myself but I know that I've spent 10 more hours doing things so there must be something there. I put in some ocean waves (although in reality you'd never see them at this scale) and rivers and redid the shelf and it's height. Reducing the image to fit the forum makes the rivers and waves almost impossible to see but they're fine at original size. Last thing I might do is labeling and roads and such but if I did that I'd have to change the whole thing to a more atlas style with lighter colors...not to mention a week's worth of naming stuff and I definitely don't look forward to that as this isn't anything I'm overly devoted to for a home-brew world, as I can make up a whole new world tomorrow night, and I'm wondering how long I can make this run-on sentence go for or should I stop?

Name:	1-09-Cha-Asc-2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	4.71 MB 
ID:	9387  

Why is the ocean made out of jello? I am sure it is delicious, though I wonder how good of a map making material it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Why is the ocean made out of jello? I am sure it is delicious, though I wonder how good of a map making material it really is.
    Because the natives ran out of food...??

sheesh now i want jello!

This looks really good ascension

Jello aside
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

I come bringing more gifts...2 different styles of the same map. I'm not sure which I like more: the first one here is ready for detailing and the second still has a bit more work to do on "antique-ing" but you get the general idea of it. I'd rather not submit another antique-style map to compete with the others so I'm leaning towards the atlas-style.

Name:	1-09-Cha-Asc-2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	4.77 MB 
ID:	9422   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-09-Cha-Asc-3.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	9423  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast