Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animaar

I love that grassy texture in the first image.

How did you do it?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It's a texture from Spiral Graphics that comes with their Genetica Viewer (free). I use a lot of their textures in my maps.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by woekan View Post
    I like it, it looks good! But my dirty mind thinks of dinosaur poo when i look at that mountain.

That was hilarious.

Looking good though. And I agree, the ambient lighting gives it a scrying sort of feel, almost as if we are seeing something we shouldn't be seeing.

Nice work, SG.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Well it is just an experiment - since I used a mask to let it 'show through' it's very easy to rework the shape. Not sure when I'll get back to this, things seem to be picking up a bit at work.

Mwahahahahaha!!! I have converted yet another to the dark side via layer masks!

Now, tell me that knowing how to use layer masks does not open up a whole new approach to modifying digital images... As you said, a few seconds changing the layer mask can change the image quite a bit and is totally non destructive....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Mwahahahahaha!!! I have converted yet another to the dark side via layer masks!

Now, tell me that knowing how to use layer masks does not open up a whole new approach to modifying digital images... As you said, a few seconds changing the layer mask can change the image quite a bit and is totally non destructive....
    I was wondering if/when you might come along and say something.

Told you I'd get to them eventually, took me a while - but I'm stubborn about things sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Looking good though. And I agree, the ambient lighting gives it a scrying sort of feel, almost as if we are seeing something we shouldn't be seeing.

Nice work, SG.

GW
    Thanks...Not sure when I'll get back to it, but it shouldn't be too hard to replicate the process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12