Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gimp question

I have recently started using Fantasy Grounds to be able to game with some friends in other states. That is how the map is going to be used. I'm a newb to the whole vtt thing so I dont know if the eraser idea is applicable in FG.

Blog Entries

TheFourUglyMonsters website is very big on FG so they could help with those questions. I don't know whether it has fog of war capability. Mine only does it manually but its generally accepted that MapTool is best in this area because it has defined visible areas which update as the character tokens are moved.

Sweet! I''ll have to check it out.

Using the Resynthesizer plugin http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer and the "Remove Smart Selection" script it provides I got the following result by selecting a round un-feathered selection over each number and running the filter:

Name:  ok.png
Views: 150
Size:  62.3 KB

No fuss, no muss.

-Rob A>

Thanks Rob, I think that is what I'm looking for.

Blog Entries

That sounds cool actually. How well does it cope when the underlying texture is more complicated and harder to do by hand ? Say you wanted to remove that boulder can it do that too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    That sounds cool actually. How well does it cope when the underlying texture is more complicated and harder to do by hand ? Say you wanted to remove that boulder can it do that too ?
    Here is the same sample showing a freehand selection and the result after running the filter:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retext.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	9420

It did pick up the grid spuriously in a few places.

Here is the result playing with the settings a bit:
    Name:  better.png
Views: 167
Size:  58.8 KB

-Rob A>

To continue the threadjack, Here I show how to use it to remove both the numbers and the grid. These are at 200%. The second image is the selection mask I made (black is selected) before I ran the filter:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resynth.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	9444

-Rob A>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12