• Yes!

22 91.67%
  • No!

2 8.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Create a Risk Style Map

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    T
    I hear they play Euchre in parts of Kansas and Arizona too - met people from there who've played the game.
    I can vouch for Kansas--some of my relatives play it.

I'd support the board game theme above the specifically Risk theme. Though I'll admit that several of the Conquer Club maps are very clever, even if they are the same ol' game.

I've been entertaining the notion of designing a variant of Pandemic using Christian missions as a theme. Virtually every Christian-themed board game currently available is just a knock-off of another popular game. (Settlers of Canaan: Really? Surely Catan is inoffensive enough not to require "sanitizing.")

Anyway, if you're not familiar with Pandemic, look it up on BoardGameGeek.com. The concept is very interesting, and by all accounts it's quite a fun game. I hope to add it to my collection soon.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I voted yes to a GAME map, not excusively a Risk map. I would not be disappointed if there were Risk boards entered, but IMO it should not just Risk.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

As with others, voted yes with the understanding it's a board game map, not a risk map.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    We had a game board challenge back in 2007 http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=504

And the voting thread: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=586

Note that this was "way back in the day" There were 3 entries and 11 votes

-Rob A>
    Wow... that seems like so very long ago...

EDIT: We play Euchre here in the Sacramento, CA area. Well, by we I mean other people.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

This would be a very good challenge, be it Risk or any board game...

However, would it be "any board game", I guess I would give a try to a "Ticket to Ride" map... I love that game...
    Back to business

Quote Originally Posted by Korrigan View Post
    This would be a very good challenge, be it Risk or any board game...

However, would it be "any board game", I guess I would give a try to a "Ticket to Ride" map... I love that game...
    YES! It is absolutely a wonderful game. I would love to see a TtR map of all sorts of places.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

That just gave me a crazy idea. What about Ticket to Ride: Venus? Base it on Toff's public transit map.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast