24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

22 91.67%
  • No!

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Create a Risk Style Map

Post Create a Risk Style Map

I got to thinking last night, and people here make alot of different types of maps, but other than the people here from Conquer Club, I havent seen a risk style map. How about a challenge where you have to make a risk styled map? It would have to have Borders, Continents, bonuses, etc, but it might be fun
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Not a bad idea...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Maybe

If you called it a board game map, then maybe, but I HATE Risk. On our weekend games between RPGs and Euchre, sometimes Risk is brought and I say, "I'll leave if we play Risk..." that's how much I hate the game...

That's just me, this opinion shouldn't affect whether this would be a good challenge or not, though.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

A board game would be fine to

Its easier to make then a risk map
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

A board game map would be fun, but limiting it to risk is kinda boring. I have a few games that could be fun to try on another map. And ASL map tiles are also quite fun t oput together.

yea, I admit it, risk maps can be boring. Any board game would be fine

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    GP - you play Euchre in IL?!

I though it was just an Ontario thing (since I never heard of it when I lived out west...)

-Rob A>
    [slight threadjack]
    It's pretty popular in the mid-west (played a ton of it in college) as well as across the border from you in and around Buffalo and Niagara Falls.
    [/slight threadjack]
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Yes, but very localized

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    GP - you play Euchre in IL?!

I though it was just an Ontario thing (since I never heard of it when I lived out west...)

-Rob A>
    Threadjack again...

RobA, believe it or not Euchre is very localized, in Illinois its probably limited to LaSalle and Bureau Counties, nobody from 50 miles away has heard of the game. Kind of like Pork Tenderloins, you'll only find good ones in LaSalle County - everywhere else they are too thick and called Pork Fritters!

I hear they play Euchre in parts of Kansas and Arizona too - met people from there who've played the game.

We also play "Dirty Spades" which is Euchre for 3 people, no partners, if the dealer flips spades, spades is trump automatically, but dealer only needs two tricks to survive. Dirty spades you throw in a 9 of spades so there's more spades than any other suit. You're only set for 3 if you lose if Spades is trump.

We also play Rabbit, which is Euchre for five people, no partners again, with all the nines and the Joker included (Joker beats the right bower), then each person bids how many tricks they can get, whoever bids highest names trump, then its just like Euchre. You can also bid no trump highs - which is having Aces and Joker to bid with, or no trump lows - which is opposite, being stuck with a bunch of nines and tens and maybe the Joker.

They have Euchre tournaments around here, but I don't go, cheating is very prevalent. Nothing like playing against two old ladies that are cheating right in front of you. Everything from signals to showing the bottom card to your partner as you deal. I never play in Euchre tournaments for that reason.

end threadjack...

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Being a strategy game fanatic I'm all in. Been playing Risk since I was 7, Axis and Allies since high school and of course Civilization since college. Can we get bonus points for making lil chrome thumbnails and top hats like in Monopoly or lil red x thingies like in Risk?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast