Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Some Help

Thanks, you guys have been a ton of help to me!

Sorry for the necro posting, but here's an update.

Been neglecting this map for a little while, but I've gotten right back at it, unfortunately though, my nephew almost destroyed it with a cup of tea. He knows I'm pretty ****ed at him. It's not that dirty IRL, but the tea is obviously pretty exaggerated. I suppose it gives it a certain aged look.

Anyways, the Golden River originates from a spring in the Cold Guard, which finds its source from an underground river that comes from an underground sea underneath the Guardian Wall. Freeport is the coastal city, and is connected to Stronghill (an orc city) via trade route. Haven's Edge is the capital, found on the peninsula on the lake. The 30 mile thing isn't set in stone, I may change it later to match the rest of the world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newdierdandirty.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	293.3 KB 
ID:	15241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dierdancleaned.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	218.1 KB 
ID:	15242  

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjake View Post
    Sorry for the necro posting, but here's an update.

Been neglecting this map for a little while, but I've gotten right back at it, unfortunately though, my nephew almost destroyed it with a cup of tea. He knows I'm pretty ****ed at him. It's not that dirty IRL, but the tea is obviously pretty exaggerated. I suppose it gives it a certain aged look.

Anyways, the Golden River originates from a spring in the Cold Guard, which finds its source from an underground river that comes from an underground sea underneath the Guardian Wall. Freeport is the coastal city, and is connected to Stronghill (an orc city) via trade route. Haven's Edge is the capital, found on the peninsula on the lake. The 30 mile thing isn't set in stone, I may change it later to match the rest of the world.

Even with the tea stains, I think it's looking pretty good. You've got some pretty nice landforms, there.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Actually I like the tea stains, you can't get much more authentic than that for aging effects

And to be honest, it makes an interesting fractal coastline effect, i just may have to try that with a map some time.. "Teastain Coast Line Mapping" ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234