Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Region of Kayrn

Guild Apprentice

Post Region of Kayrn

Hey Everybody,
    I have a DnD Campaign coming up, and I drew up this map on the region that the Players will be in. Its just a personal reference, so its not too pretty, but I thought some of you might be interested. Sorry about the quality... I had to use my digital camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01272.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	14946  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You could turn that into something really pretty if you wanted to. Leave things mostly alone just add some "antique-ing", border, compass, and scale. Good stuff, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

Hmm... do you mean by hand, or add those in with the computer?

Im planning on giving the players a copy thats all crumpled up with "bloodstains" on it during the session. I think it will fit well seeing how that middle section is controlled by warring clans.
    Last edited by BlackMojo; 07-19-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Either way. By hand would involve either the old tea staining method or the old coffee grounds staining method plus wrinkling, ripping, folding, and burn spots. On the computer things are harder to do.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Guild Apprentice

tell me about this "tea staining method"...

Make some tea. Wrinkle up the map and make it fit into the container with tea in it. Let sit for a while, 30 minutes maybe, results vary. Take out and let dry, some like to iron the map with a clothes iron. There are some links on the web on the precise methods and since my Google-Fu is rather crappy I'll let you look for them

Guild Apprentice

Hey Ascension,
    I took it up a notch from dousing it with herbal beverages to spending about 7 hours total figuring out gimp tutorials and doing it on the computer! This file will be invaluable to my campaign.

BTW: HUGE shoutout to Blamenck, Karro, and RobA cuz they can put up with me taking 3 or 4 pages of forum asking them questions. Good news: now i can do it by myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Blood Plains.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	15107  
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

And for posting some maps, you get rep from me

Anyway, does this region contain natives or something?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Apprentice

Kinda... See, it was a large kingdom, but then the king left no will saying which of his sons gets the throne. So, in typical fantasy fashion, they had a huge war over it that basically destroyed society there. Now, criminals and merceneries live there to escape the law. There are some natives up towards the north.

I just realized I didnt label the rivers or ocean...

Edit: btw, iv seen lots of people with a little "river police" badge. How might I get one? i need to feed the ego.
    Last edited by BlackMojo; 07-25-2009 at 12:11 PM.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMojo View Post
    Edit: btw, iv seen lots of people with a little "river police" badge. How might I get one? i need to feed the ego.
    You need to get deputized by RobA, the head of the river police
    The best way to get deputized is to help other people get their rivers in the right places, by commenting on their maps.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast