Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow

It was bad here today, too. 70 and partly cloudy. Down to 36 tonight. Tomorrow it's not even going to get to 70 and there's a 30% chance of precipitation!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I live in NYC, and we have had way too much snow so far. I'm sick of shoveling

All of our snow here in Vancouver has pretty much gone. My kids are sad to see it gone, me....meh.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    All of our snow here in Vancouver has pretty much gone. My kids are sad to see it gone, me....meh.
    Be more than happy to send you some of mine NK.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

We're gerring snow every other day. One day it's -5, the next it's +5. The snow never stays long. We usually get a couple of weeks of snow in feb thou, so winter is not over yet.

Man you guys have it tough. I grew up in Detroit; moved to California when I was 9 though. I still remember those rough winters and summers. California has been having a rough winter as well. We haven't had hardly any rain this season, and last weekend it was in the mid 60s and bright and sunny. I know that sounds like a "play the violin" statement, but honestly if we don't start getting some "normal" winter weather we are going to be in for some serious drought conditions, and are likely to have a ton of fires this summer, not to mention they'll have to start water rationing in the north part of the state which just shouldn't happen given that we are the first stop for all the snow melt.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@RP - Haven't there already been some brush/forest fires this year?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yup, there's been several down in the southern part of the state. Which in itself is a serious warning regarding the summer if we don't start getting some rain. Of course it is a double edged sword because rain also means more growth and potential for more fires in coming years. I really think the Native Americans had it right when it came to burning the brush, but these days there are too many people living in the "fire zones" and controlled burns are too expensive. Of course at the rate people are leaving the state that may not be a problem in a few years.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Apparently Mother Nature reads these boards... It rained today. Very light, but it rained for a few hours. Every little bit helps.

In case she is still reading... We need some more of that good stuff.

Post I hate Winter!

I hate winter, and this year has been rougher than in the past few. In December we had two weeks of snow, every day, followed by a night of freezing rain, then snow again - my yard was like walking on 8 inches of concrete, the ice just beneath the surface kept my feet from sinking in the snow. Kind of bizzare actually.

This month about a week's worth of snow, but last Thursday, it was 20 below zero (Fahrenhiet not Celcius) and not wind chill either, that was like 40 below. Most days its in the teens, with a rare day in the mid twenties, but nights are always close to zero.

I really hate winter, though I should be used to it, I've lived five or six years of my life in Alaska. Once in the Army, on a winter exercise, the temperature plummetted from 40 above to 75 below in four hours - the warm wind stopped. Truth-tell, once it reaches 20 below, there are ways to tell the difference to colder temps, but physically, it feels the same as 20 below - too damn cold... meh.

Strange, when I was kid and saw snow, I'm going outside to play. Now when I see snow, I crawl under the covers if I can!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12