Thread: Irony in a commission job...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Irony in a commission job...

I didn't know where I should post this, but something funny happened to me today, at least I think so. Its pure irony in a commission job for Profantasy. While I am still building my Ukiyo-e map object set, they offered a commission on a separate, current project of theirs. Something that is not my aesthetic - Modern Setting map objects. I prefer the imaginative versus reality in object creation, but a job is still a job.

I'm currently creating objects you'd find in a typical modern office or commercial location - something for a crime investigation setting that Profantasy is working on.

I'm using Xara Xtreme to create most of the objects (some in 3D, though). They want me to create a sample map (paid) using the objects I create, but since I am not a CC3 mapper by any stretch of the imagination, they're allowing me to create it with whatever I'm comfortable at - Xara.

I think its pretty ironic that I'm creating a paid map for Profantasy, but I'm not using Profantasy software - too funny!

I won't be posting anything else, since it is a commission job, but to let you take a peak at the kind of stuff I'm making - here's a piece of the sample map. It should be low enough resolution, that the quality doesn't compromise it's value to the owner of the content - which is not me.

It looks more like something UKGPublishing would create!

GP

PS: I especially like the dumpster with garbage bags inside, the electrical meter by the back door, the telephone and the Walther PK peeking out from the drawer in the bosses desk...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample-map-piece.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	9488  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-21-2009 at 12:56 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations