Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon cave

The partially eaten jersey cow is an awesome touch!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

My players have beaten the gobbos and are about to enter the cave next time.
    The gobbos were a bit tough on them and in the end there was only the cleric and the wizard left standing. The wizard used his caracter hook artefact, a summoner collar, to summon a Djinni to take out the remaining bugbear and gobbo archers. He had to pledge a geas to the djinni in exchange for his service.
    Next time dragons... Hopefully I have found a VTT to use by then.

WHAT?!? You haven't found a VTT to use? Have you not seen any of my posts or the link in my sig?

Seriously though, there are a lot of VTTs out there but only really a handful of them are worth using. It really comes down to do you want to pay for one, and where do you want the strength of the app to be? The best place to start is always here:

http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/links.html

My personal preference is obviously MapTool, but you'll have to find what works best for you and your group. If you have any VTT questions, there is a separate VTT forum which is a great place to ask them.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Sorry, you misunderstood. I haven't found one that i can convince my players to adopt.
    I've put aside a couple of hours today to really look in to VTTs
    And i seem to have promised gandwarf some sort of WIP on my PS/CD3 hybrid

Blog Entries

There are about half a dozen good VTTs but the only good free one is MapTool.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    There are about half a dozen good VTTs but the only good free one is MapTool.
    From what I've seen lately on the RPTools forums, OpenRPG is still holding on strong and apparently there is a new version, OpenRPG+, which is apparently pretty good. The rumor from EnWorld is that ORPG is still on top because they have a lobby feature. I really find that hard to believe that that is the reason. I personally think people just don't like to change.

That said, I agree that MapTool is the only good free one though, but that is a personal choice. The most important aspect to me is that a VTT is system agnostic. Period. If I can't use it for any system I want, than it really isn't worth it to me.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    And i seem to have promised gandwarf some sort of WIP on my PS/CD3 hybrid
    I would rather call it a pledge. On your soul that is.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I started out a bit but got really ****ed off when I couldn't get rid of green artefacts on my roofs.
    And I wanted to export the roofs+effects to a transparent png, but all i got was white background.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    I started out a bit but got really ****ed off when I couldn't get rid of green artefacts on my roofs.
    And I wanted to export the roofs+effects to a transparent png, but all i got was white background.
    You are just making up excuses

The green artefacts are weird though. You did click on the redraw button?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

It should actually perform a redraw in memory before it exports so I don't think that is the issue. That is very odd though. It could be that you actually found a bug.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast