Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free tokens and maps!

I use Maptool in my PBEM and its great for setting up screen shots and exporting them into the board. It works really well.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

i want to learn to make maps how do i start and what do i need? please help.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuifster View Post
    Well it depends on how you want to create them. Obviously the easiest route is pen & paper but since you're here you probably want something a little more 'techie'.

You need a graphics program like PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro or GIMP. I would suggest GIMP if you do not have anything else; its free, and is under constant improvement and you will find many great tutorials, etc. here to help you.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by kuifster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Well it depends on how you want to create them. Obviously the easiest route is pen & paper but since you're here you probably want something a little more 'techie'.

You need a graphics program like PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro or GIMP. I would suggest GIMP if you do not have anything else; its free, and is under constant improvement and you will find many great tutorials, etc. here to help you.
    Another thing I would suggest is posting to the Introduction forum and telling us about yourself; what software do you use, what sorts of maps you want to make, etc.

Then you can get a lot of pointers from that thread to others with relevant information.

Once you grab a program to use, throw something together and post it and we'll give you all sorts of advice on it to get you pointed in the right direction.

Oh, and welcome to the Guild!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Guild Novice

Yes! Welcome to the guild! I'm new myself (if you couldn't tell from my post number), but if you just look around, I'm sure you'll find what you need. Like today! I found these amazing tokens that Devin was kind enough to make available for free download on his site!

These are going to be awesome. I think I'm going to print them out on some posterboard (or something similar) and use the tokens as I need them. So thanks a ton, Devin.

Blog Entries

Been adding a new feature to my app tonight because of Devins characters. Theres so many that I cant find anything in amongst them so I made it create contact sheets of the characters. I then put all the sheets on one big sheet so this is all the high res chars. I am planning to create a set of icons for Devins images which will allow people to use Devins chars so that they are all properly scaled etc. Anyway, all the characters on on page is the worst case scenario for my app and its slowing it down ! Just thought you would like to see them all and for those who havent got them yet then this is what your missing !

Thanks RR,
    Even zoomed in you can hardly make them out.
    I will have some pages of the tokens on my token site soon..
    http://www.immortalnights.com/tokensite/index.html

Also I would like to get more in-game screens using my characters to put on the site as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123