(Also posted on the cc2-l mailing list.)

I'm currently working on a New Drawing Wizard template for multi-level floorplans using layers for levels with an OnNewMacro note that sets up the layers (with their hotspot control buttons) and puts a Dirt* bitmap background as the first entity on an OUTSIDE UNDERGROUND sheet (between the OUTSIDE SHADOW and FLOORS sheets) for each underground level. I'm assuming the OnNewMacro note is executed after the template is resized and "Map Furniture" (symbols/text in the four corners) is placed, but before the OnOpenMacro note is run and the map is opened for user editting. (I'm not sure if the initial file save is done before or after.) I plan to show only one floorplan level at a time and want the "dirt" on each underground layer so I can trim it back to expose other OUTSIDE features for levels that are only partly buried (as on a hill or cliff side) or near surface depressions that extend to or below that level (like a crater or crevasse). (*NB: the "Dirt" bitmap fill may be replaced with another "underground" fill style.) I need to know the following:
  1. Have I got the execution sequence of the OnNewMacro and OnOpenMacro notes correct? Where does the initial file save occur relative to them?
  2. If I put a Dirt* Bitmap box filling the map borders on the hidden TEMPLATE layer of the OUTSIDE UNDERGROUND sheet, would it be resized with the rest of the map template?
  3. If the answer to the last question is no, how do I get the resized dimensions of the map in the OnNewMacro note so I can create this box to copy to the underground layers?
  4. What areas should be reserved for "Map Furniture"? (I need this to properly place the level display control hotspot buttons.)

--

Dalton "who really needs a guide to CC3's Wizarding World " Spence