Thread: [CC3 Q] New Drawing Wizard templates

Guild Apprentice

Post [CC3 Q] New Drawing Wizard templates

(Also posted on the cc2-l mailing list.)

I'm currently working on a New Drawing Wizard template for multi-level floorplans using layers for levels with an OnNewMacro note that sets up the layers (with their hotspot control buttons) and puts a Dirt* bitmap background as the first entity on an OUTSIDE UNDERGROUND sheet (between the OUTSIDE SHADOW and FLOORS sheets) for each underground level. I'm assuming the OnNewMacro note is executed after the template is resized and "Map Furniture" (symbols/text in the four corners) is placed, but before the OnOpenMacro note is run and the map is opened for user editting. (I'm not sure if the initial file save is done before or after.) I plan to show only one floorplan level at a time and want the "dirt" on each underground layer so I can trim it back to expose other OUTSIDE features for levels that are only partly buried (as on a hill or cliff side) or near surface depressions that extend to or below that level (like a crater or crevasse). (*NB: the "Dirt" bitmap fill may be replaced with another "underground" fill style.) I need to know the following:
    1. Have I got the execution sequence of the OnNewMacro and OnOpenMacro notes correct? Where does the initial file save occur relative to them?
    2. If I put a Dirt* Bitmap box filling the map borders on the hidden TEMPLATE layer of the OUTSIDE UNDERGROUND sheet, would it be resized with the rest of the map template?
    3. If the answer to the last question is no, how do I get the resized dimensions of the map in the OnNewMacro note so I can create this box to copy to the underground layers?
    4. What areas should be reserved for "Map Furniture"? (I need this to properly place the level display control hotspot buttons.)

--

Dalton "who really needs a guide to CC3's Wizarding World " Spence

Guild Apprentice

They say you're crazy if you talk to yourself. But, if no one else will talk to me ...

FWIW, I've created some custom draw tools that put WALLS and FLOORS on the current layer of the appropriate sheet and take the wall thickness from the current line width.

I would still would like to know the answer to questions 1 and 4 above, but the answer to 2 is "Yes". (I found this out by experiment.) This renders question 3 moot.

--

Dalton "who STILL needs a guide to CC3's Wizarding World " Spence

I have no clue.. I just got CC3 about a month ago and am still trying to figure it out myself. I still have ALOT of questions that seem to have no answers. I just wanted to post here so you didn't think you were being ignored.

Sorry Dalton, I don't have CC3, so I can't comment. I'm sure I'll get it eventually but at the moment I have so many other bits of software to learn how to use.

Ravs