Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WotC Launches Full 4E Character Builder.

My problem is a simple one: No payment method besides credit-card. Which means nearly all european are basically mostly locked out.

Quote Originally Posted by MadLetter View Post
    My problem is a simple one: No payment method besides credit-card. Which means nearly all european are basically mostly locked out.
    They don't take European credit cards? Guess I never realized there was a difference.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

It's often the case that US companies place a requirement that you provide a zip code when you pay with a credit card - which is somewhat limiting. There's no reason you shouldn't use a European credit card - its just that the websites are badly designed. I'm surprised that's the case for WotC. I know that I have friends in the UK who are subscribers so there must be a workaround as they definitely don't have US billing addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    It's often the case that US companies place a requirement that you provide a zip code when you pay with a credit card - which is somewhat limiting. There's no reason you shouldn't use a European credit card - its just that the websites are badly designed. I'm surprised that's the case for WotC. I know that I have friends in the UK who are subscribers so there must be a workaround as they definitely don't have US billing addresses.
    Tell me about. I tried to fill up my gas tank in New York a couple of weeks ago, and they wouldn't take my Canadian credit card as it didn't have a ZIP code to validate against! I had to pay cash.

-Rob A>

All I can think is: Is it a Visa or Mastercard? If not that may be why, but otherwise should not be an issue.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I often can't use European visa or mastercard over here. It's a real pain - and was a relief when I finally sorted out my US bank account.

Huh....Bizarre, cause I use my CANADIAN Visa/Mastercard when I go to Korea with no issues, and when my wife and I were dating and she was here in Canada, same thing with her Korean Issued Visa/Mastercard.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

If I'm just using it in a shop, it's fine. However if I use it on the metro it asks me for a zip code. If I use it on itunes it wants a zip code (okay, they have issues with country to country copyright so its a bit more reasonable). If I want to use it for dominos online (if I remember correctly) I need a zip code. Until I acquired a US bank account, I couldn't use my visa card for any transaction in the US that required a zip code - and there are many examples. Shops on the street feel like the exception rather the rule when it comes to this. If I go to any other country this is normally not an issue. It seems to only be the US that requires that everyone have a US zip code to spend money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12