Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WotC Launches Full 4E Character Builder.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post WotC Launches Full 4E Character Builder.

I'm downloading it now, but those of you who have DNDInsider memberships can go download the full 1-30 version of the 4E Character Builder.

No word on how well it performs yet from me, and I haven't read all the forum posts about it, but I imagine there will be some growing pains knowing WotC.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I installed it last night. Make you sure uninstall the Beta version first if you were using it, and restart. A breeze to setup otherwise. I really like it. I think they knocked out most of the bugs in the Beta. It's great to have all your character options right there in front of you. Makes you wonder how you used to do it with those piles of books spread all over. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy having all the books to look through and reference. But the Character Builder really is a great tool.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Figures they come out with all of the cool stuff after I lost interest in playing...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

Heading to get it now!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

SG -- Yeah, I guess I'll have to get one of those multiple monitor rigs goin and have each one open to a page to simulate the old pile o books feel.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

As Dm for 4e, i wasn't really enjoying the powers and such of character creation. With the new Character Builder, it is so DAMN easy to do, and looks good, that i'm a convert. It has worked flawlessly for me so far. And i even forgot to uninstall the demo! Worked anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Figures they come out with all of the cool stuff after I lost interest in playing...
    You could always get back into it. If you don't have a local group, you could always turn to technology such as Maptool to play remotely if you want to give it a try... I play occasional non committed games with various people over Maptool in the Living Forgotten Realms RPGA games. I can basically play whenever someone has offered to host a game (1-2 per weekend or so via the Maptool forums) with no dedicated commitment(ie, the DM says he is running a game and people sign up on a mostly first come first serve basis.)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

There is that I suppose, but I actually just don't enjoy playing anymore - the same thing happened to me with darts. I played for years then, in a matter of a week or two, just absolutely lost interest in playing altogether. Oh well, who knows, maybe the desire will come back someday...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Guild Journeyer

Sadly, the full version still doesn't allow creation of magic items (well, you can make an item with a description, but no stats/effects/etc.).

I finally got around to downloading this the other day, and I'm pleased to say that I'm more than impressed. The demo version does a fantastic job. Now I just need to get my hands on the full version. Sadly, I can't afford the ddi subscription right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast