• gorkamorka - Mediterranean Sailing Map

1 1.89%
  • Greason Wolfe - Haevenstadt Harbor

1 1.89%
  • Hoel - Carlsborg 1890

34 64.15%
  • industrygothica - Reimagining the Strand

4 7.55%
  • Korrigan - Lorac, the World of Marble (Note that this entry was started in November)

4 7.55%
  • languard - Ayvrst

3 5.66%
  • Malakor - World of Graelor

12 22.64%
  • MarkusTay - Mysterious Island

1 1.89%
  • Midgardsormr - Galerius Hallow

1 1.89%
  • mmmmmpig - The Trek from Home

0 0%
  • monks - Middle Earth

10 18.87%
  • Nomadic - Anchors Away

15 28.30%
  • Rahva - Hermeiis

4 7.55%
  • Sagenlicht - The City of Tarhun

2 3.77%
  • Steel General - Ythrak Lakdanaan (Domain of the Exalted)

18 33.96%
  • ukgpublishing - Dead and Still Standing

11 20.75%
  • Valarian - Gwaelydd Peninsular

5 9.43%
  • Ydars - City of the Old Ones

1 1.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** January Challenge - Create a Map for Print! ***

Post *** January Challenge - Create a Map for Print! ***

VOTE FOR 4 ENTRIES!!!

Make sure to give the entrants you voted for some rep!

The challenge was:
    The theme is Create a Map for your RPG campaign or fantasy novel - create a map that best fits your needs! Anything goes, this is a FREE FOR ALL theme. Do you need a city map, a regional map, and encounter map for your next gaming session? Anything qualifies.
    Thumbnail page is here.
    General Rules are here.

Voting was once again quite challenging. I had to really scrutinize to get down to the 4, but honestly everyone did a terrific showing that made it to the finish line. Well done all! Rep is on its way if I haven't already repped you.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Hoel, Bohunk, ukgpublishing, and Nomadic.

Hoel's image is a superior example of draughtsmanship, and yet it's still beautiful. It is rare enough that technical excellence meets artistic merit; this is what it looks like.

Bohunk's entry is a perfect example of the old-world style; I wouldn't mind having this one hanging on my wall at all.

ukgpublishing's entry has some technical flaws, but as a battlemat, it is by far the most useful entry for gaming. I'd like to see some more time taken to resolve the compositing issues, so that the objects become a part of the scene, rather than looking like they've simply been pasted down on it.

Finally, Nomadic's entry is clean and attractive, and it has a strong and unique style of its own. The colors are particularly appealing to me. It would be good if the type was a bit more legible. It is not easy to read this map at a glance, though at full scale that might not be as much of an issue.

Well done everyone!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Post I've got a top four on favorites, but...

I've definitely got my own top four contenders, here, but it might be best if I abstained from voting this month, since I am the prize provider. It would be unfair for the "prize provider" to select whom should receive that prize - so I won't do it.

However, I will mention: Hoel, Bohunk, UKGPublishing and Munks were my favorites.

Good luck to everyone!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Hoel's map is great; clean and slick looking and I love East Tharduur and its antique look. Steel General's mountains are fantastic and IndustryGothica's map is also very well put together.

Damn! Wish I had found a way around the upload problems; I just couldn't get any decent version of my map onto the net. That will teach me to start with 12000 x 12000 pixels. Still, you live and learn.
    "I don't know half of you, half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo Baggins LoTR.

It was pretty easy choice for me, only real problem was between Steel General and ukgpublishing but the Zs won this time... I told you I wanted a rimfall SG!
    I voted:
    -ukgpublishing: For the Z! I just love zombies...
    -Monks: It's a great project, and I'd love to have that in print too. If you win I request that GP puts it in the inventory and figures out how to ship to sweden
    -Bohunk: Old classic atlas. If I had only one vote, this would be it. Superb
    -Ascension: One of the coolest styles in this challenge. I want a tut

There we go.
    I'm feeling lucky!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    ... I told you I wanted a rimfall SG!
    Well you wanted a cannon too, but you didn't get that either, did you?

This was a bit difficult this month - unfortunately I sneezed in the middle of voting and accidentally hit the submit button - so I only voted for 3; Hoel, Bohunk & Monks.

My 4th vote (pre-sneeze), would've went to Ascension.

EDIT: Repped everyone but Monks, who I probably recently repped in the ME-DEM thread.
    Last edited by Steel General; 01-27-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I voted Hoel, Gorkamorka, MarkusTay and Ukgpublishing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I went with Bohunk cuz I'm a sucker for a well done antique style; Hoel for the technical skill; IG because I'm also a sucker for a well done artistic style; and Monks for the sheer amount of effort and stick-to-it-tiveness.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Bohunk, Bryguy, Nomadic & Landguard for me !
    Back to business

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast