Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New World

Wip The New World

Just stumbled upon this great forum and started reading some good tutorials. Though I'd share some of my work to try to get some tips on techniques. This is a world map for a D&D 4E campaign called The New World. The campaign has a caribbean flare to it, while the map is admittedly more generic in feel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-New-World-Full-Map.png 
Views:	278 
Size:	613.2 KB 
ID:	9657  

Hey, nice!
    What software do you use?

Glad you liked it. It's done in photoshop CS3 with a wacom bamboo tablet, layers for different terrain types, labels and so on

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

First off...Welcome Aboard!

This is a great start, much better than the 'blobby' looking things I first created.

I dub thee newly repped for posting uploading a map in your first post *bonk*

Be sure to create a thread in the introduction forum.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'd like to see it bigger but so far it looks great. ps. if you do have a larger version we have a limit of around 4000 x 4000 pixels while under 4.77 megabytes.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wip

Here it is, bigger, I'll jump over to the newcomer forum and introduce myself
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The New World Large Map.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	682.4 KB 
ID:	9662  

That looks really good! I like the style of it. Caribbean style D&D. Very interesting!

It's a bit rough up close, but in normal screen res it great.
    Is it a WIP or are you considering it done?

Very well done.

It is indeed a bit rough, if I knew when I amde it that I was going to upload it to a forum, I would probably work a bit more on it . It's WIP in the sense that the campaign is WIP and when I stopped working on it, I didn't think that it was done. That's a couple of months ago however and now I don't think I will work any more on it. Instead I'm using it by zooming into areas and redrawing those for close-up maps. I'm thinking about doing the archipelago to the east in greater detail, as most of the colonies lie in those areas. On the other hand, the characters are mostly out digging up jungle-covered ruins, so perhaps I should focus on those areas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast