Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] My atlas style in PS

Guild Applicant

I just wanted to give thanks for you taking the time to make this tutorial and being cool enough to share your methods! muchos gracias

I love this style!

Help

I'm having trouble at step 21. When applying the gradient overlay, everything seems fine on "Normal" blend mode but when I change it to "Hard Light" the colours are way too dark and the gradient looks much more abrupt than before.
    Does someone have a solution?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshotmap.PNG 
Views:	77 
Size:	802.1 KB 
ID:	71437 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshotmapnormal.PNG 
Views:	61 
Size:	551.5 KB 
ID:	71438

Edit: Nevermind, just got it.
    Last edited by Qoff; 03-09-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Ok so I'm pretty new at this like fresh off the boat new. I found your tutorial to be phenomenal. Though difficult to read. I have two concerns or issues. In PSC6 is there an alternative to representing height as white while applying the lighting effects. Either i am special and cannot find the button or it is no longer available. My other issue was the shelf layer. Occasionally to fairly frequently the bevel appears to inverse itself while i am working on other layers.

Name:	MWSW - Map V2 - Atlas.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	72021

Question. When i use the lightning effects, the center seems to be unaffected. Any tips on how to fix that?

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	454.5 KB 
ID:	73718

I seem to be having a little trouble. None of the mountain textures seem to be showing up and the gradient seems completely different to the tut. I even had to reverse the order of the colors otherwise I had a desert in the north and snowbound lands in the south.

Name:	TestBuild.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	814.4 KB 
ID:	73860

Guild Novice

ok I have tried to use this but this seems to be an older photoshop version then the one I have and im a bit confused on a few of the things seeing as they don't translate over to the newer version!!! I got to right b4 applying the mountians and stuff but once I started to add the light effect is where I got lost!!! PLEASE HELP thanks

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks for another great contribution. Looking forward to running through the steps and seeing what I get!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wasn't sure if this had been shared in the 36 pages here or not. For those who might be working in GIMP and have pixilated edges on their land borders, the "Median Filter" found in PS can be replaced by the functionality of: Filters---- Enhance---- Despeckle (uncheck "Adaptive" and "Recursive", set the black level to -1, and crank the white level all the way up to 256). Discovered this here... http://dossy.org/2007/08/what-is-gim...median-filter/

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast