Thread: Battle Mapping Using Paintshop Pro 7

Tutorial Battle Mapping Using Paintshop Pro 8

Hi All

Well I said I'd do some PSP tutorials, so here I am.

I have started a map (24" x 36") of a fantasy chapel and grounds, and I will post a blow by blow account of how-to, tips, tricks and resources here as I build it.

Today is Lesson 1 - getting down the basics.

I have included the map to date, a pdf of instructions and a zip file containing the textures used in this section.

Please note that these are not my textures (I forget where these ones came from), but they are free to use.

Any questions or bits you would like me to elaborate on please don't hesiate to ask.

Anyway, hope you enjoy and it will get more interesting.... honest.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tutorial Map 1.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	9658   Battle Mapping Using Paintshop Pro 7 - Lesson 1.pdf  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ukgpublishing; 01-29-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Wrong software version in title

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'll definitely be following along with my PSP6...I always feel so bad that I've neglected it since getting Photoshop. I did use it for web graphics, but alas, I haven't done a website in 8 years.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Hi all

Thanks, for the comments, I've been writing training docs for a number of years, but nothing quite this specific before.

Anyway I hope I don't ramble too much, or go off on tangents.

Here's lesson 2 in which we are adding walls, doors and a nice stone wall round the cemetary.

Next installment will branch off a little and look at generating map objects using Anim8tor (http://www.anim8or.com/) which is a nice 3d modelling tool for 3ds files.

On with todays.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tutorial Map 2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	9724   Battle Mapping Using Paintshop Pro 8 - 2.pdf