Thread: NOOB here, forgive my ignorance

Post NOOB here, forgive my ignorance

I realize there must be some way of locating these types of maps specifically, but I am not having any luck searching, so I am wasting a new thread to simply ask.

Are there any decent world maps available that have no names, or labels on them? No cities, or kingdoms, just a blank world map.

I have tried to make my own, but I am not gifted at this so I would like a clean looking map that I can just label for my world using gimp.

Thanks everyone, sorry I had to add a new thread over this.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

First off...Welcome Aboard!

What I would suggest (if you haven't already), is look through the finished maps thread to find something you like. Once you have five (5) posts you can use PMs with which you can contact the author of whatever map it is you like and see if they have an unlabeled version or would be willing to make one.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Theres lots of bits of world map in our CWBP areas which is the Community World Building Project. Its where we all map a bit of world and make one big area. Theres a forum for just that.

I just put up a few maps in sections 2 & 3 with no names at all. In fact we could do with them. But theres more places as well. Or you can take the maps and use the names or change them...

Go wild cos they are all CC licensed. Would be good if you could post the changes back.

Ok, thx, I'll look over those community world builder maps first, then go from there. Also any finished products I come up with, I will repost here as well.

thx

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave