Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paizo Open Call

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Post Paizo Open Call

Paizo has just announced an open call looking for cartographers Come on everyone, let's bring their servers down with quality artwork.

http://paizo.com/paizo/v5748eaic9lla&source=rss

Deadline is the 9th of February.

Thanx and sent
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'm just not sure which of mine to send - I'm up for suggestions for those of you familiar with my stuff.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice. Now I a reason to do all that cool CD3->PS hybrid stuff I'm playing around with for real!

Just keep in mind everyone that the deadline for the open call is February 9.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Praise being honest here

Look at the four sample maps here and try to outdo them. ........and keep in mind I'm not looking for actual finished, publishable-quality maps—if you're THAT skilled at maps, you should probably send your cartography resume to our art directors!

Having looked at their sample maps, and reading the quote above, I could not help but think that AT LEAST ten of our non-industry-pros should be making submisions to the directors.

SG - I have a few of Paiz's books at home and when I get there I will look through both them and your work again and give you some suggestions if you want. Just so you know, and take this as you will, I would put you in the number I mentioned above, along with a few others that have already replied

It cannot be said enough....there is A LOT of great mapping talent in the CG
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I agree, after looking at those maps they have I think that every single one of us could outdo 3 of them. The giant city is well done, though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@Korash - Thanks I'd appreciate that. I have some ideas on what I would send but would like to see what others think as well.

..and I agree, any of us could easily equal or surpass the examples provided.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

We should just send him an email with a link to the mapmaking requests forum

Post Good idea, T!

Good idea, Torstan! Maybe we should.

I sent a link to my portfolio, but I think I'll try my hand at, at least 2 of the four map turnovers requested. Maybe all four as well. Time with a bunch of Profantasy map symbols are a bit in the way - oh well, I'll manage.

Thanks for the link, T!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast