Thread: The Beast of Nebelheim - Encounter Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post The Beast of Nebelheim - Encounter Map

Well actually this is close to ressurecting a dead map

I posted in this threat my first battlemap I did in GIMP.

It was pretty much finished back then and as I used it for my gaming group pretty much directly afterwards I didnt repost it here.

Now, I did change the thing loydb mentioned and changed the coloring of the book on the left a bit. Why? Cause I hope I may add this map to GP's print store and donating the money if it gets sold to CG. The only problem is, that I actually never checked if I can use the Dundjinni items for commercial purpose as I never thought I will sell any of my maps. Thats what I have to check now

Anyways, here is the full-sized encounter map of the first boss fight of my new 4e D&D Campaign.

A few words about the story behind it:

The heroes did track down a beast that did kill a few farmers around the village of Nebelheim, frightening everyone else and the farmers now refused to bring in the harvest.

As the heroes entered the grotto, they actually found the beast surrounded by a few corpses. After they did slay the beast, they found out that the dead guys were dabling with dark magic they obviosly didnt understand.

Maybe as a sidenote: Magic is close to completly unknown in this campaign.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeon of Nebelheim.jpg 
Views:	773 
Size:	3.65 MB 
ID:	9726  
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Where's the Beastie? Or maybe a better question is...what kind of Beastie was it?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

The Beast was placed on the map as a token, it wasnt part of the map. I did print the map (which I do with all of my encounter maps) and used it as a floor plan for the battle.

The actual size of the map is DIN A2... which means I can easily print the map with my printer, I just have to split it into four DIN A4 pages. I guess this wont hold true for anyone in the U.S.

Well it was a homebrewed mob, it was a something like a demonic big wolf.
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenlicht View Post
    Well it was a homebrewed mob, it was a something like a demonic big wolf.
    Nice, love me some wolves...any kind.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Cool map! I like low-magic campaigns. Makes magic seem more dark dangerous and mysterious .

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Good map - and a nice large area for a boss fight. I hope it went well.

One crit would be that the water to the north appears to be floating because there is a drop shadow from it. Probably best to erase this. Otherwise great!