Thread: A Dungeon Experiment

Post A Dungeon Experiment

I wanted to play a little with Overwatch's style in a dungeon. This is quite obviously a WIP, as I've only been working on the center room, and it's not done yet as well.

I think it's also obvious how badly I need a tablet. This drawing with the mouse crap is for the birds!

-IG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeon exp.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	388.4 KB 
ID:	9744  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it... you a have a small bit of artifact at the very top, near the middle. No big deal just thought I'd let you know it was there.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I like it... you a have a small bit of artifact at the very top, near the middle. No big deal just thought I'd let you know it was there.
    Thanks. I knew about it, but it's low on the priority list at the moment. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with the walls yet.

I really like the green slime on the dungeon floor tiles.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Those floor textures really are lovely. The green works wonders.

I'd tone down the texture on the walls a little - its a bit distracting at the moment. Otherwise, looking good.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I love the wall texture, can't keep my eyes off of it...so filling it up with stuff (monsters, chests, etc) might make my eyes focus less on the walls.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That's a really cool start to the dungeon. I like the wall texture as well but I have a feeling it won't dominate as much as it does now once there are more stuff in the dungeon. I can't wait to see what comes of this.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx