Thread: WIP: Hnaar (Tehaina I Gamma)/2533 Yahehwe - A969641-B M In Ri M9 vi

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Wip WIP: Hnaar (Tehaina I Gamma)/2533 Yahehwe - A969641-B M In Ri M9 vi

Traveller stats: Hnaar (Tehaina I Gamma)/2533 Yahehwe - A969641-B M In Ri M9 vi

Constructed via Fractal Terrains, exported as an FT-shape (GURPS Traveller-compatible) Icosahedron, then chopped up and reassembled in Paint Shop Pro to reshape it to a MegaTraveller-compatible Icosahedron, then linked into the Traveller map template in CC2, and exported as a 700 px-wide JPEG.

Next stages:
    Repeat process for all the other map styles (Temperature, climate, rainfall, & altitude).
    Then take Gaia-level map in CC and paste appropriate Cosmographer Pro terrain symbols over the top and export to Jpeg.

First questions...

Does the hexmap of Hnaar as it currently stands look OK to you?

If not, what could be improved?

NOTES:

I cannot embed the base bitmap image, it's too large. ProFantasy have yet to state what the embedded file size limitation is, but chances are it's ridiculously small.

If you want to play with the Fractal Terrains FCW file, let me know and I'll post it here. I rather like the current shape of the continents and overall terrain, but improvements in the detail of the terrain, or descriptions on how I can do this myself, are more than welcome

Any other constructive critique is very very welcome, of course

EDIT: and yes, I've only just noticed the island on the right edge has it's edge chopped off, dammit! I'll fix that and report the image tomorrow. I gotta hit the sack now, I'm on early shift in the morning!
    Last edited by RogerStenning; 01-30-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    Landgrab website: Strouden - Spinward Marches 2327