Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starship Sections Maps (Part 1)

It's a great game.
    I don't have it myself and the guy who GMd got bores a while back...

Here are some additional overlays. I've given them a standard background tile so that they will connect with the corridors smoothly. They should be the same scale as the starship sections. They are 12x12 overlays and should fit in any of the corners of the starship section maps.
    A cargo storage area:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cargo Storage.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	783.0 KB 
ID:	10768

A vehicle bay (with speeder bikes, AT-STs, and a halftrack modified to be Imperial):

Name:	Vehicle Bay.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	890.7 KB 
ID:	10769
    The walls are a little difficult to make out because they are gray against the gray flooring.

A narrow corridor (ideal for choke points):

Name:	Corridor (12x1).jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	10770

I'm working on some additional overlays for March. As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

Hoel: Is the spacing on these more what you were expecting?
    Last edited by Kihmbar; 02-26-2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Attachments did not show properly in post.

Yup. This is what I was after!
    I'll keep stealing your maps since I plan to GM some star wars in the future.
    Thanks!

Guild Journeyer

These are great. Keep them coming

Sci-fi stuff is hard to find.

Where did you find the At St & Speeder Bike?
    Last edited by Xyll; 02-27-2009 at 08:08 PM.

I've had a bit of free time to work on this. Here are some more overlays. First a 12x12 weapons emplacement:

Name:	Weapon Emplacement.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	809.6 KB 
ID:	10812
    Each weapon has it's own fire control stations. The bottom right is a small power room to power the weapons.

Next, I went with some smaller 6x6 overlays. I intend on using these for the "Modular Base" that our group has acquired [found on pg77 of the Bases and Strongholds sourcebook]. They don't fit together as neatly as the 12x12, but if you place a corridor between them it won't matter. I've included a 2x1 corridor if you want to line them up normally.

A command module overlay:

Name:	Command Module.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	10814
    The command module has four stations: communications, sensors, command, and systems. Feel free to designate them as you see fit.

A barracks module overlay:

Name:	Crew Barracks.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	10813
    Room for 16 bunks to house the crew. I added a few personal effects to break up the monotony.

A "blank" module overlay:

Name:	Empty Module.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	10816
    In case you want to make up your own or just have an empty one.

And the 2x1 corridor:
    Name:  Corridor (2x1).jpg
Views: 1593
Size:  13.1 KB

I trust that will help out some of your sci-fi games. I'll post additional overlays in batches as I get finished. If you have any suggestions of what you would like to see, please let me know. As always, comments and criticism is welcome.

Xyll: I'm not sure where I got them, but I think it was the Holocron. There's a "101 Mapmaking Objects" download that has a lot of SW stuff. Also, there is RPGMapShare. I think this is where I got the AT-STs. If not there, then it may have been on the WotC forum.
    Last edited by Kihmbar; 02-28-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Comment on AT-ST and speeder bikes.

A Few different loading docks and maybe an airlock or passenger entry area...
    Thanks a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    A Few different loading docks and maybe an airlock or passenger entry area...
    Thanks a bunch
    I already did an airlock as part of the modular base, so here's my take on a "passenger entry area" for the Star Wars universe:

Name:	Passenger Entryway.jpg 
Views:	615 
Size:	838.3 KB 
ID:	12727
    Passengers enter up the ramp in the bottom center and can go from there to wherever they need. I included both stairs and turbolifts for multiple-level access. There are plenty of computer terminals for information. And the troopers have a break room nearby in case trouble starts.

And what would a starship be without a detention block:

Name:	Detention Cell.jpg 
Views:	746 
Size:	877.2 KB 
ID:	12728
    The bottom left is a room for the guards with a small armory behind it (give the PCs somewhere to rearm themselves). The bottom right is intended to be an officer's office with a small living quarters behind it. The "side" exits are intended to lead to maintenance areas (or trash compactors), not for primary traffic flow.

A few more overlays to customize a starship interior. I'm looking at doing a fighter bay or hanger next. Something that the players can land a ship in so that they have access to the larger starship. As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

These look good but I can't help but want to add a stroke around the objects or maybe a shadow to help them not blend into the floor. Keep up the nice work, though, they look good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I've been GMing a Star Wars campaign and needed some more of these sections. The players are going to visit a gas refinery, so I generated the following sections.

First, the refinery map:

Name:	Space Map - Nebula Station (blank).jpg 
Views:	651 
Size:	936.1 KB 
ID:	17453
    The long section at the top is the docking bay. It runs off the edge of the map as to accommodate any size starship. (The GM is cheating because he doesn't know which ship the players will be using.) The smaller platforms are 12x12 - most of the starship section overlays should fit into these. I was going to drop the crew's quarters, the officer's quarters, the control room, and the following 12x12 overlays onto the map (two at a time, of course). This way I can use the same layout with different sections of the facility. There are closed walkways connecting each platform. [I designed it like this in case the players want to go EVA to infiltrate the facility.]

Engineering:

Name:	Engineering 12x12.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	768.8 KB 
ID:	17455
    Has some engine looking stuff and computers.

Gas Storage:

Name:	Gas Storage 12x12.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	740.1 KB 
ID:	17456
    Has a big tank for holding whatever needs to be held.

Gas Refinery:

Name:	Gas Refinery 12x12.jpg 
Views:	419 
Size:	730.1 KB 
ID:	17454
    Has several smaller vessels to collect the nebula gas.

I've added drop shadows to help keep things from blending into the background. As always - comments and criticisms are welcome.

Kihmbar, these look great.

If the objects are your own work, would you be willing to produce a folder of them separately, as Torstan did with his dungeon elements?

If they're not, could you link your source?

I'm planning to do some scifi interiors in Viewingdale, and If I could import these objects (consoles, weapons, pipes, etc) rather than making my own, it would save a lot of work.

Cheers.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast