Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I did it! CC3+CD3 is ordered!

Post I did it! CC3+CD3 is ordered!

They offer me to download hig res bitmaps. What are those and do I want them?
    They really got some fast servers, takes me 10mins to download both programs.

The high res bitmaps are the symbols that will be placed on the maps you make. They are larger size files thus the question, but they have much higher resolution should you need it.

Oh and congrats on the new software! I definitely look forward to seeing what you can do with it given your talents in PhotoShop.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

You'll have to wait 10 years or so before I'm as proficient with CC as I am with photoshop.
    I'll stick with the standard or draw my own for now then.
    Installing... right... now... It'll be a long night!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

*envisions Hoel bleary-eyed in front of his PC* "Just one more building then I go to sleep, one more tower then I go to sleep, one more section of wall than I go to sleep..."
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, and he's gonna be like that for the next week or so until he has it totally mastered...sounds like a lot of fun actually
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Awesome man, I really want to get it myself, don't yet have the money though.

Congrats Hoel. I expect at least a dozen city maps by tomorrow.
    Oh, and maybe we have to set up a fund for several people expressing interest in CC3/CD3, but who are broke
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 01-27-2009 at 06:35 PM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I've finished the first part of your tut, but can't find the export button...
    Let's explore profrantasys help files...
    I like it and I'm beginning to understand better the amount of work that goes in to Gandwarfs maps.
    I've found a few features I'll explore a bit.. Using sheats to make multi leveled buildings and so on.
    Ok, questions for the pros now:
    -Using a bitmap as background.. possible?
    -How do i add textures. Mostly thinking roof textures. Is it just to put a .png in the right folder and selecting it in CD?
    -Where do i change the sun angle for the shadows?
    -Can i export the roofs+shadows in a transparent png?
    -Can i export just one sheat by just hiding the rest?

My first impression of usability is to build a rough map with full effect roofs and exporting just roof sheat to use in raster maps.
    At least I'm having fun!

AHA! First map with CD3, I hope you didn't expect miracles. This was made following the tut and without any planning.
    I solved that AA problem too:
    -Exported in 2x final res
    -Open in PS
    -Duplicate layer x2
    -On top layer: Smart blur with Edge only, radius 1, threshold 33 (fiddle with it until only the edges of the symbols and houses are visible
    -Select->color range white on that layer, then hide it and move down one layer
    -Feather selection 1px
    -Blur 0.5px
    -Deselect.
    -Done.
    -Compare to background layer.
    -Profit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First.PNG 
Views:	83 
Size:	466.4 KB 
ID:	9664  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Lookin good. I expect that you'll be the first to figure out how to fix that overlapping shadow that the software does.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast